Saturday, March 4, 2017

"With mirth & laughter...

...let old wrinkles come."
~William Shakespeare

Today, my Christopher gets another year closer to 40! That's not a bad thing...at all! I have been blessed to be joined to him for almost 17 years and I love growing old with him! It *is* quite hard to fathom though. I feel as though I was just in my 20s and 40 seemed so far away for both of us. Now, here we are....inching towards "middle age" and we have teenagers! It's just difficult to really wrap my mind around. If you have been following me on my blog since the beginning...it's been a decade of words and memories already! My teenagers were wee ones when I started this blog! Isn't it just crazy how the time goes by so quickly!? I am *definitely* not complaining though. I praise the Lord for the gift of Chris! Let the wrinkles and gray hair come (as it already has begun)! We are growing older together and I love it! :o) 

As per usual, when someone who works at my dad's garage has a birthday...they get a wee party after lunch time with the family and some of the guys! Chris was no exception! My sister and her girls (plus the bun in the oven) came to celebrate with us! The children all had fun trying out the new crane machine...





 The girls' uncle Chris joins the fun...


Jaxson and Eloise were having fun in on a computer...video taping themselves...haha!



Audra wasn't too happy here (it was definitely approaching naptime!)...


Eloise got the red ball (her favorite color!)...



 I don't know *why* but there is this silly little skeleton that hangs around the waiting room at my dad's garage. I don't know where it came from or anything about it except that Chris named it "Tommy" and the children all think it is funny! Audra had fun chasing Madelyn with it...


Then Audra found out that the head can come off (teehee)...




 Xavier...who used to fit perfectly on the trikes at the garage is now much too big but that didn't stop him from giving El a fun ride around...



Then Eloise took Dinah for a ride (aren't those smiles just the *sweetest*?)...


Then it was time to sing to Chris and for him to blow out his candles (X couldn't resist helping). He knew I would snap a photo so he put these funny skiing goggles on for added fun effect (he always makes me smile)...


Father and son...


Time to open some gifts! I didn't take many pictures at this time...but this was just so cute. Dinah used to be afraid of Chris (not sure if it was the beard or what!?) and that day...she ran right up and gave him birthday hugs and helped him open his gifts...


She layed her hand on his knee and left it there for a bit. It was just too precious! :o)


Today is Chris's *actual* birthday. I have some fun planned for this afternoon and evening! :o) He and I are both battling headaches but I am determined to make it an enjoyable day either way!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend! If you get a chance, check out my shop! I have some new listings up! :o) Thank you for coming by for a visit!

Warmly,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. Each passing year is a blessing that is meant to be enjoyed! I love growing old with my guy. Each gray hair and wrinkle is another reminder of our years together.

    X is getting tall!! I had no idea how tall until the picture of him next to Chris. It's a joy to watch our children grow (even it it does break a mothers heart at times).

    I hope you and Chris feel well enough to enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    I've enjoyed stopping in and catching up on your blog today. Looks like you all have been busy and enjoying fun times with family. Happy Birthday to your Mr.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy