Wednesday, March 1, 2017

"Christians are made...

...to glorify God. We are never in our element 
until we are praising Him." 
~Charles Spurgeon

Although our weather lately has been a bit wacky....spring-like one day, cold the next...we are definitely not complaining! We are praising the Lord for what He gives. When praying with our family aloud, my husband thanks the Lord for His beautiful creation (rain or shine...or snow!). 

Our hens are loving the sunshine. Even when it is a bit chilly out, they love getting to free-range for a few hours in the afternoon/evening...




We have spent some time outside...cleaning up leaves, scrubbing the siding, and tidying outside. I ordered seeds and look forward to the time when all the flowers are in bloom and the dead earth comes alive!


If the wood stove were alive, it would probably be confused. We have it fervently going one day and then not the next! Most days though, it has been gently burning...at least to keep the chill out of the house. Even when it isn't *cold* outside, there can still be a bit of a chill in the house. Especially when it is damp out or a cool breeze is blowing...


Playing games indoors...


Our homeschool co-op has an Academic Fair coming up this Friday. It's a time where students can choose projects on Art, History or Science and have them on display for all the parents/friends to see. The displays are judged and some of the students win awards! This year, Madelyn wanted to do a project on John Wayne (Last year she did one on Johnny Cash). She is working on her display board...



After a long break from my knitting (just because of busyness and not getting *into* it again)...I have been working on knitting some dish cloths for a friend. She requested some for her new home that she will be moving into soon. It was a good motivation for me to get yarn back on the needles! Madelyn has been happy to oblige as well! 


Xavier has to get a few teeth pulled today. They are stubborn baby teeth that just won't come out on their own. The adult teeth are coming in wonky and aren't helping to push the baby teeth out. He's quite nervous about it...but it is necessary. Unfortunately, we don't have dental insurance so it's going to be pricey. I'm sure you understand though. None of us is immune to the high costs of living. Thankfully, we have money put away in savings for just this sort of thing. :o)

Thank you for stopping by for a quick visit! I truly always enjoy your comments and emails! I need to get going....things to do! :o)
I hope your week is going well!
I hope you will visit me again here soon!

Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. I love the quote you shared. We are also going weird but beautiful weather. I shall not complain. I love the mild winter. My daughter also had to have baby teeth pulled. We actually discovered she doesn't have an adult tooth to replace it so we have to have a "fake" tooth made. $$$$

    Tis life, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I love writing by Charles Spurgeon. I'm sorry about Xavier's teeth. My oldest daughter had her wisdom teeth removed because they came in weird. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katy, Our chickens are loving the sunshine and we are getting eggs again!!
    Happy March dear friend
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog posts Katy! I miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy