Saturday, May 14, 2016

"Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest...


...Home-keeping hearts are happiest."

~ Henry W. Longfellow


We have been busy finishing up our homeschool year. Along with our studies, I have been putting together portfolios and trying to figure out what I want to do next year for each child. It's a daunting task, but quite necessary!

Pictured above is some homemade veggie beef soup! Have you ever made it from scratch before? If not, you really should. It is so easy and tastes wonderful! All you really need to do is peel and cut up carrots, potatoes and celery and put them in your crock pot along with beef cubes and a marrow bone. Add peas, corn and green beans (along with the juice they are stored in). It also calls for a can of crushed tomatoes (which I have done...but the time pictured above I didn't have any so I just used a little spaghetti sauce and it tasted the same!). Let all of that cook in the crock pot until supper time and there you have a delicious, easy meal that your family will love! You can also add spices to your tastes! :)

Bible studying in bed...


Today we are headed to a folk music competition that Xavier will be participating in! He will play two memorized tunes on his banjo for the judges! This is his first-ever contest so we are all very excited! I will have my trusty camera alongside me so I will make sure to get some video and pictures! Xavier has been practicing and sounds great....so we are hoping it goes well for him!

Around about at home...



A little archery...



A not-yet-bloomed primrose that Madelyn gave me for Mother's Day...


I look forward to getting some things hung in the new living room...just a little anxious about it since I want it all to look good without damaging the walls!


It's raining here today. Quite dreary out...but that's okay. It'll be a good day anyway! As much as I would love to stay home, light some candles, cozy under a blanket and read ~ I think Xavier's music competition should be an enjoyable time too! I can do all the cozy-ing maybe later in the day! ;)


Thank you for visiting. This post was a mish-mash of things, truly. Hopefully it wasn't *too* choppy!

*Just had to stop typing for a second there...Stella (the cat) just walked on my desk (between me and the computer) purring loudly and demanding some attention!* ;)

Have a lovely weekend!
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers and Pilgrims

8 comments:

  1. Praying for fun and successful competition!
    Love all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks lovely :) Wishing you a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful. I love the skillets hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, enjoy all your post :) I'd love to hear your planning process for the next school year! Are you still using CLP? Enjoy your day at the competition! Hope you get some cozy time in. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (sorry for commenting here, hope that is OK) You had asked to be included on my Homesteading/Simple Living blog list & also sharing that list on your own blog when complete. I'm finalizing that list now for publication soon but I need more information from you. Would you please go to your entry on this post & add the state in which you live? Thanks, here's where you added your blog to the list request --> http://taylormadehomestead.com/calling-all-homesteading-or-simple-living-blogs/

    Thanks!

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to your boy! Your home looks so cozy and lovely. Such sweet touches all around. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love your cozy pictures of home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must try your veggie beef soup, Katy. I love soups I can put in the crock pot. I'm visiting today from Wholehearted Home. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy