Thursday, May 5, 2016

Making Things Cozy


A picture of a homemade supper always projects coziness....right? :) I figured I would start off with that....and then go into this:

The new living room was in desperate need of a rug and curtains. I have not figured out what I want to do for curtains (although I have been thinking of navy blue ticking....but we'll see)...but I *did* find a rug! While Xavier helped my mom with things around her house, Madelyn, Jaxson and I traveled to my sister's to visit with her and the girls for a while. Then we headed to Ollie's and looked for a rug. I wasn't overly thrilled with the choices available at the size I wanted but I finally found something that I was okay with. I like the neutral colors and the pretty pattern. It really begins to *warm* up the room, which I like! Curtains and wall decorations are next in line but I'm still not sure how I want everything yet...so their time of arrival is still undetermined! :)


Silly Cash would *not* get out of the picture and decided to itch his back when I took the photo!


See below...there Cash is again...he is *always* at my side! It's sweet and annoying all at the same time. It's like having a toddler...he follows me into the bathroom and stands and stares at me while I fold clothes...it's funny! That little bed in front of the entertainment center is Cash's bed...


I love how adding a rug to a room can just make it feel so much cozier! The pictures don't do the same as it *feels* to be in the room. The rug just helps so much.

It's been a busy day....schoolwork and some chores....traveling to visit my sister and her girls...then off to Ollie's and Walmart. Now we are back home and I need to get supper made!

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope your week is wonderful!

Warmly,
Katy

Linked up with: Strangers and Pilgrims

9 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you got it home ok!!! Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very cozy! I love the picture of your supper table, Katy--makes me want to be there! The Lord bless you, Katy; your blog always warms my heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! I just found your blog and I love it! I am old enough to be your ️Gramma but you remind me of myself when I was your age. We lived on a farm in western Ny in the hills of Holland, NY....with a house that looked pretty much like yours....both inside and out! I had 4 little children, cats, dogs, goats, chickens and a huge veggie garden. I canned, cleaned, baked, froze, organized and did most of the things you do for and with your family.
    Cherish those days, they pass so fast! Now I have 6 grandkids and loving it!
    I found your blog through Faye Henry's blog.....the Blessed Hearth. It's wondeful! If you haven't looked at it, it's worth taking a trip over to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rug....and the dog......I know your loving the new space. You really waited a long time for it.
    Countryjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your area rug is beautiful! I love how the center is open and the details are at the border. I've been looking for an area rug (two, actually) for ever. I hope I can find one as nice. Dinner looks divine, too! I love comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad Cash cannot fold clothes! I wish my little dog was so attentive.
    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    Please drop in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is looking cozy! It does take time though and I love the dog... Enjoy your week.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is coming along lovely! The rug does give it a warm and cozy feel! Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy,

    I've been away from blogging for a while and I've finally found a few moments to catch up on my favorite blogs. The flowers are beautiful and your ability to put lovely vignettes together is inspiring.
    Your new living room looks terrific. I am enjoying the progress of decor decisions and look forward to your next step.

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy