Thursday, May 26, 2016

...aspire to live quietly...

...mind your own affairs, and work with your own hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.


I just love Scripture. It is so full of truth and wisdom...God is so good to give us His Word. What a blessing it is to us and such food to the soul! I love the verses above (and if you read before that the chapter urges holy living and brotherly love...such beautiful truths for us!).


Playing badminton with daddy...



Although I don't have photos ~ the children and I played badminton one morning for an hour and a half! We had so much fun playing and laughing! :)


The front of the house is all a-bloom! I am *so* loving it. I try to keep the lawn mowed and everything tidy. Our house isn't fancy, expensive or renovated to the point we want it....but it is *home* and we do our best to care for it and keep it looking neat and pretty (even if it isn't a large, expensive home)!



This rhododendron really needs trimmed back, it just looks so ugly when I do it. I wish it stayed in bloom like this all summer!



Winnie-the-Cat...


Xavier made swings! They have a lot of fun on these!


Two disappointed boys...the go-kart quit on them in the middle of the woods...


So....swinging is in order...






Till mama goes back and helps them push it out!



Daddy and Pa figure out what is wrong with it...



All fixed! And he's off! You can watch a short video of him HERE!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead! :)
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers and Pilgrims

5 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. How nice to have a handy hubby and papa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse, it is one of my favorites. It looks like your boys have little time for boredom! Such is the way of boys. Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks wonderful. I love it when it's warm enough to play outside.
    I've not been on the internet much lately so am enjoying catching up with you blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I think our kids would have a lovely time playing together, Katy! Both sets are adventurous! Love the flowers too. I pulled up some lettuce in a flower bed today and planted some zinnia and cosmos seeds. Those and nasturtiums are about the only luck I have with flower seeds. We could use a good rain tho. Have you all planted your garden yet? I might've missed that post.

    Have a lovely remainder of the weekend!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,

    1 Thessalonians 4: 11-12 is one of my many favorites. It looks like you all have been enjoying the beautiful weather of spring.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy