Monday, May 9, 2016

Flowers Make my Heart Glad


For Mother's Day, my children did work for my parents and earned money so they could buy me a gift certificate to my favorite greenhouse. (It was a GREAT gift and it made me cry tears of joy and thankfulness).We go there every year and this year was no different! After schooling, lunch and a little nap....we were off to the greenhouse! They have a large, beautiful variety of flowers!


I never plan how I will use what I buy...I just pick out what I love (and can afford)!




Don't these just make your heart glad?


The front of my house is in dire need of paint and fixing-up...so bear that in mind as you look at these photos. It is nothing fancy at all....I use old crocks, pots and whatever I can get my hands on to plant in and just having the flowers all over the porch and other places makes me smile big when I am outside...







I also bought this fantastic bush that will grow each year. I haven't decided where to plant it though...










I have some weeding and tidying to do in some areas...I'll get to that soon. :)


I have flowers left over and I am not quite sure where to plant them. I'm sure I'll find places eventually.

Madelyn made supper this evening...tuna noodle casserole. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. :)

And quickly, before I go (I know, this has been a photo-heavy post already!) I wanted to share what the children and I made for my mom and mother-in-love for Mother's Day...


Aren't they cute!? It's actually suppose to be a project for young children's feet....but we decided to do it with my older kiddos! :) We needed large canvases as their feet wouldn't fit on smaller ones! :)


Chris got me this Hawthorn crock at an auction this past Saturday! Isn't it great!?


I had a nice Mother's Day. We went to church, came home and I made egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Then it was time for a nice, long nap! :) My parents came over in the evening for supper (chipped steak sandwiches on homemade rolls and with homemade fries). It was an enjoyable day! I am so thankful the Lord made me a mother. Often I wish I had more children....but I am so very grateful for the blessings He did give me. :)

Thank you for stopping by. I hope your week ahead is lovely!
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers and Pilgrims

5 comments:

  1. I love your flowers in the old crocks. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the kind of gifts I like to get! One year my husband bought rose bushes and fruit trees for my birthday! I get to enjoy them for years!

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just think your hodge podge of planters and chippy paint are LOVELY. Really. So welcoming. I am new to your blog and appreciating your down-to-earthness:)
    God bless you
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great gift! I absolutely love the crocks and stuff that you have your flowers in. They are beautiful and make the flowers more alluring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! Flowers make my heart glad.

    It's become a tradition that my husband goes out and buys me purple and yellow pansies and plants them in our planters; and my son usually brings me a beautiful hanging basket or this year, he brought me a barrel, soil, red geranium and yellow marigolds to make a beautiful display.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderfully sweet Mother's Day! You were blessed indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy