Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Coming Along!

 I have an update on our addition...but first ~ a little of what's been happening here:

My sister had an appointment in a town that sits *pretty much* in the middle between where our two towns lie. I got to meet her and keep an eye on this snuggle bug for a little bit while my sister was at her appointment...


We went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries. She was full of smiles and sweetness (although whenever I tried to take a picture she would turn her head...so I gave up!). If I were paid for each time someone smiled or spoke to her (or commented how adorable she was) I would be rich! :) I love how babies tend to bring the kindness out in people!


We woke Monday morning (early to go to the gym) to find we were out of electric. My oil lamps came in *quite* handy! I would have enjoyed the electric being out *except* for the fact that that day was our homeschool co-op. I am in charge of the set-up team (who prepares the classrooms and such with tables and chairs set up properly etc.) so I have to be there early. Trying to shower and get us all ready (as well as pack lunches for everyone) was difficult and a bit chaotic (as co-op mornings can already tend to be chaotic anyway...so throwing no electric in there makes it a little more bonkers!). I make half the lunches for everyone the night before...but I wait to make sandwiches and stuff until the morning...I didn't want to let the cold out of the fridge so I was trying to do everything at the speed of light when I go in there! Thankfully, the electric came back on around 8am for us...so we had 15 minutes of lights before we had to leave and we could make sure we had everything all right.


The guys have been working on the house in the evenings when they can. Xavier helps as much as they let him (it seems I caught him with a strange face in the picture below!)...


Plumbing and electric (and insulation) are all in now and they are getting the drywall up in the entryway and laundry room.



Here is looking into the entryway from *in* the laundry room...


Below you can see my closets in the laundry room. The left one will be a cleaning supply closet (for my broom, vacuum, mop, cleaning sprays etc.). The right closet will be a coat/shoe closet...


The plumbing is set up for the washing machine. I will also have an utility sink in there (Chris's brother had one *still in the box* that he didn't want and gave to us!!!)!


It is all coming together and I am over-the-moon excited about it all! I *think* they mentioned that they hope to begin mudding on Saturday! Wooo-eeee! :)

What will be the living room is waiting to be mudded and serves as a storage place for the extra drywall and insulation...


I am hoping we don't run out of savings before we're done. I *really* wanted hardwood floors...but methinks those will be out of our price range...so we will have to look at our options.

Right now, the children are working on schoolwork. I have been doing housework and helping with school. Chores and hopefully a *nap* are in the cards for this afternoon. I teach spin class this evening. :) I hope your day is going well. It's raining here...and I am okay with that. I am so thrilled that this hasn't been a frigid winter and that spring is on its way!

I hope to soon do a post on how I use my planners and bullet journal to stay organized. If that is something you may be interested in, keep a look out for it! :) Thanks so much for your visit today! I really do appreciate it!

Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a nice visit and I agree with you that babies bring out the best in others. I would be interested in your spin class if I were near you. It looks as though the house is coming along nicely and I wish I could get my husband to start our renovations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy - We just bought new flooring for our bathroom that was very reasonable. It is a mixture of vinyl and some other composite. It comes in planks and snaps into place. It was very easy for my husband to install. Anyway, it's made to look like hardwood, and comes in several different woodtones. I forget what it's called, but I can ask my husband and let you know if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo about the free sink! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, what a little darlin' she is! Please come and share your renos with us at Five Star Frou-Frou at A Tray of Bliss? Love Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you Katy! It's really looking great. "Snuggle bug" looks a lot like her sister Dinah in these pictures. (;

    Have a nice weekend!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun times. I am so excited to see the results of it all. I also agree, how strange and neat it is that a sweet baby can bring out kindness in so many random people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee for more wonderful progress on your renovation/addition!!! SO happy for you! XO

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy