Monday, February 22, 2016

30 Random Facts about Me!


The sun is shining and we are all *really* enjoying it here in our little home! Sunshine just makes the day more cheerful! Don't you think? For fun, I thought I would do a "Random Facts about Me" post. I enjoy reading/watching videos of these from others ~ maybe you do too? It's so funny to hear some of them (and can be interesting too)! If you don't enjoy posts like this, maybe you will like the sun-filled pictures I posted throughout this post!? :) I hesitated a bit before actually deciding to write this post as I didn't want to sound like I am self-obsessed. But then I realized that it's truly just a *fun* post...so here we go...


1. I am 34 years old (I still can't wrap my head around that fact...I mean, I remember my parents being this age!)

2. I have to admit that I have gray hairs. They stick out randomly from my head and are crazy. My children *love* to point them out to me. I have not dyed my hair to cover them and am not sure if I will or not eventually.

3. I struggle with perfectionism (I truly desire everything to be in its place in my home ~ you will often find me setting the couch pillows in their correct spots).

4. My left elbow was reconstructed with 2 metal plates and 17 screws after a car accident when I was 16 (I was a passenger in the vehicle and don't remember anything that happened because I went into a coma).

5. I walk like my dad. We both have feet that tend to lean out to the sides. This ends up ruining our shoes over a short time and for me, when I wear socks in my slippers (or just socks alone), they end up twisting around *all* the time. I am constantly fixing my socks everyday. I can't wait until warmer weather when I can be barefoot!



6. I despise toe socks....absolutely *can not* wear them!

7. I take a nap almost every single day. It's a little embarrassing as I feel like a young child...when the afternoon rolls around ~ my eyelids get terribly heavy and I feel the *need* to sleep!

8. When people ask me my favorite color I don't know how to answer them. It depends on what the color is used for. For example, if we are talking about clothes I prefer black because they are slimming. If we are talking about the color of walls for a room or carpets I tend to like neutral colors...etc. Honestly, I really love all colors for they all add beauty to God's creation. I will admit though that I really love a *mint* color for random things. I don't paint my nails much, but if I do, it would probably be in the mint/robin's egg blue color. If I am picking out folders or something of that nature, I lean towards a mint color too. :)

9. I am a planner...I must have organization or I feel bonkers. I need to keep things written down for my own peace of mind (thus the recent planner post I wrote). I seriously don't understand how people get things done without lists, planners/calendars etc.

10. I don't like very many vegetables. I *want* to like things...my tastebuds just won't let me. For example, I love the smell of onions. I like to cut them and love the smell in my nostrils...but to eat them ~ no way! I totally get my lack of taste for veggies from my dad. He likes even fewer than I do. Some of my favorite veggies are cooked broccoli, green beans, sweet corn, potatoes (though I don't eat much of them), carrots, celery, and lettuce. I can tolerate cauliflower...but not peas...Eww! The only way I'll eat peas is if they are *in* something such as vegetable soup. ;)


11. My first car was a red 1967 VW beetle. :) I had a love/hate relationship with that car. I loved it...but it wasn't always 100% reliable ~ plus it had that bug "smell" to it that stuck to whoever was in it (and then lingered)!

12. I can't stand seeing chewed gum. When I was in school, I couldn't stand it when people put their chewed gum on their lunch tray to "save" it for after lunch. It just makes me gag!

13. I am an animal lover! That being said, I do not call our pets "family"...we love them but they are not equal to the status of our children or anything like that. :)

14. I love ice cream!

15. The furthest distance I have ever traveled was to Mexico on a mission trip when I was 14. I have been to a few states but I am not a big traveler. Packing/unpacking seems more stressful than just being home so we don't really go on vacations or anything (plus we save our money to use on emergencies and working on the house).


16. I would love to adopt children someday...not sure if the Lord has that in the cards for us or not.

17. I *love* the stationary/pen/pencil/marker/paperclip/etc. section of stores! I just love all things having to do with paper and supplies!

18. I love candles of all shapes/sizes/scents (ok...there are *some* scents I don't like).

19. I love theology books...doctrinally solid theology books are my favorite. I will read a fiction book from time to time though too. :)

20. I really enjoy watching documentaries. (And as a side note, my favorite part of ever watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was when he would put in a movie about how they make crayons or design instruments or things like that!)


21. I do not like family picnics or church dinners (or anything food-focused really). The casseroles and high-calorie food is just terribly tempting and it is such a struggle. I *do* love fellowship without food involved though!

22. I really enjoy watching Bob Ross paint!

23. I love organizing things! :)

24. When I was a teenager, my sister and I had to take turns going at 5:30am (in the dark...before school) to the barn to feed the horses. At that time, the barn was located across the street, past our neighbor's house and back through a big field. We had to carry a 5 gallon jug of water too. It was *awful*. Despite being a teen...I was always so scared out in the dark and hated having to trudge through the snow and ice in winter to the barn. *And* the truth is (my mama will admit this) the horses were *her* loves...not my sister and mine! I know it's good to have responsibilities...but I *really* disliked that one! Thankfully, I survived! Ha!

25. I taught myself to knit and crochet using videos online.


26. I don't like coffee or tea. I wish I did though.

27. My favorite pencils are clicky pencils (mechanical pencils)!

28. I call the remote control for the TV a *clicker* (what do you call it?).

29. I can sew with a sewing machine but have trouble threading the machine (despite being shown many times) and refilling the bobbin...so I pretty much don't sew!

30. I love watching movies and shows with accents (British, Scottish, Australian etc.! :)


So, there you have some strange random facts about me. Nothing overly exciting....but hopefully you got a chuckle out of some of them. Do you find we have any silly similarities or maybe polar opposite differences?


I hope you enjoyed your visit today. I appreciate you stopping by! I hope you have a great Monday!

Warmly,
Katy

15 comments:

  1. Oh, the irony of #16... "the Lord has it IN THE CARDS for us"... haha. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy this is a lovely post :)I have been feeling unwell this last two weeks (Bronchitis) but today I am starting to feel myself. I think I might do a fact post this evening if I get time its good fun.
    Glad you are having some sunshine, its late afternoon here and as I wait to prepare dinner I can hear the birds in the garden!
    Wishing you a lovely week :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of down to Earth post. I enjoyed reading about you facts. I would have never guessed you were not a veggie fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaaaa…. Your rotten mom made you care for the horses in the morning. You're right though, they were (and are) my loves. And remember I had to get rid of them, so it didn't last that long! But thanks for sticking with it while you did! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 28, TV turner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, very nice post I don't like coffee or tea either :) you mentioned picking out colors for your new addition, what colors did you pick? If uou don't mind me asking?? Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with numbers 9, 13 & 17. A colorful day planner and variety of pens make me smile.

    Your home is beautiful. I love how sunny and bright it is. You are blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest son at the age of 3 called the tv remote a "mote-troller," and it has stuck with all of us ever since:)
    Can't live without coffee! I would have no pulse after 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha. I have gray hairs too, Katy. I'm 36, but I got my first gray hair when I was 30. I found it while in Ukraine adopting our oldest son. I was horrified. AT first I just pulled them out, now there are so many that I resorted to dyeing my hair. I don't mind being gray when I'm in my sixties, but NOT in my 30's! Also, I am quite fond of nap taking as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree on the peas! Although I don't like them in soups and such either. I always push them to the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it is odd how many things we have in common because I enjoy reading your blog. It always gives me a grounded feeling and I enjoy seeing people with simple home values.
    I also taught myself how to crochet from Youtube.
    I don't care for coffee or tea either, however as I am a college student as well as mom, I have learned to drink coffee in a big cup with a lot of hot cocoa and creamer.
    Have you ever heard of the tv show, "How it's Made"? You might enjoy that. My whole family loves it. A whole series of how a huge variety of things are made and it is family friendly.
    You might also like "Keeping Up Appearances". It is a British tv that can be found on Netflix. So funny, mostly family friendly. No swear words and a few um..short skirt scenes, but so funny and worth the time. Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I do love my horses but it sounds as though your mom should have been the one to care for those. I enjoyed reading this post and I would say that you are kind to share with us. I love the pictures of your home as it seems so neat and that is how I wish mine was. I love tea and I enjoy a good cup of coffee.
    You mentioned loving scents and I just wonder if you have ever heard of Pink Zebra. It is a home fragrance company that I am a consultant for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great list. We would be great neighbours. Hate coffee and tea and totally a planner addicted here. Love business stores!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed this getting to know you post. Maybe I will follow suit sometime soon!

    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy