The sun is shining and we are all *really* enjoying it here in our little home! Sunshine just makes the day more cheerful! Don't you think? For fun, I thought I would do a "Random Facts about Me" post. I enjoy reading/watching videos of these from others ~ maybe you do too? It's so funny to hear some of them (and can be interesting too)! If you don't enjoy posts like this, maybe you will like the sun-filled pictures I posted throughout this post!? :) I hesitated a bit before actually deciding to write this post as I didn't want to sound like I am self-obsessed. But then I realized that it's truly just a *fun* post...so here we go...
1. I am 34 years old (I still can't wrap my head around that fact...I mean, I remember my parents being this age!)
2. I have to admit that I have gray hairs. They stick out randomly from my head and are crazy. My children *love* to point them out to me. I have not dyed my hair to cover them and am not sure if I will or not eventually.
3. I struggle with perfectionism (I truly desire everything to be in its place in my home ~ you will often find me setting the couch pillows in their correct spots).
4. My left elbow was reconstructed with 2 metal plates and 17 screws after a car accident when I was 16 (I was a passenger in the vehicle and don't remember anything that happened because I went into a coma).
5. I walk like my dad. We both have feet that tend to lean out to the sides. This ends up ruining our shoes over a short time and for me, when I wear socks in my slippers (or just socks alone), they end up twisting around *all* the time. I am constantly fixing my socks everyday. I can't wait until warmer weather when I can be barefoot!
6. I despise toe socks....absolutely *can not* wear them!
7. I take a nap almost every single day. It's a little embarrassing as I feel like a young child...when the afternoon rolls around ~ my eyelids get terribly heavy and I feel the *need* to sleep!
8. When people ask me my favorite color I don't know how to answer them. It depends on what the color is used for. For example, if we are talking about clothes I prefer black because they are slimming. If we are talking about the color of walls for a room or carpets I tend to like neutral colors...etc. Honestly, I really love all colors for they all add beauty to God's creation. I will admit though that I really love a *mint* color for random things. I don't paint my nails much, but if I do, it would probably be in the mint/robin's egg blue color. If I am picking out folders or something of that nature, I lean towards a mint color too. :)
9. I am a planner...I must have organization or I feel bonkers. I need to keep things written down for my own peace of mind (thus the recent planner post I wrote). I seriously don't understand how people get things done without lists, planners/calendars etc.
10. I don't like very many vegetables. I *want* to like things...my tastebuds just won't let me. For example, I love the smell of onions. I like to cut them and love the smell in my nostrils...but to eat them ~ no way! I totally get my lack of taste for veggies from my dad. He likes even fewer than I do. Some of my favorite veggies are cooked broccoli, green beans, sweet corn, potatoes (though I don't eat much of them), carrots, celery, and lettuce. I can tolerate cauliflower...but not peas...Eww! The only way I'll eat peas is if they are *in* something such as vegetable soup. ;)
11. My first car was a red 1967 VW beetle. :) I had a love/hate relationship with that car. I loved it...but it wasn't always 100% reliable ~ plus it had that bug "smell" to it that stuck to whoever was in it (and then lingered)!
12. I can't stand seeing chewed gum. When I was in school, I couldn't stand it when people put their chewed gum on their lunch tray to "save" it for after lunch. It just makes me gag!
13. I am an animal lover! That being said, I do not call our pets "family"...we love them but they are not equal to the status of our children or anything like that. :)
14. I love ice cream!
15. The furthest distance I have ever traveled was to Mexico on a mission trip when I was 14. I have been to a few states but I am not a big traveler. Packing/unpacking seems more stressful than just being home so we don't really go on vacations or anything (plus we save our money to use on emergencies and working on the house).
16. I would love to adopt children someday...not sure if the Lord has that in the cards for us or not.
17. I *love* the stationary/pen/pencil/marker/paperclip/etc. section of stores! I just love all things having to do with paper and supplies!
18. I love candles of all shapes/sizes/scents (ok...there are *some* scents I don't like).
19. I love theology books...doctrinally solid theology books are my favorite. I will read a fiction book from time to time though too. :)
20. I really enjoy watching documentaries. (And as a side note, my favorite part of ever watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was when he would put in a movie about how they make crayons or design instruments or things like that!)
21. I do not like family picnics or church dinners (or anything food-focused really). The casseroles and high-calorie food is just terribly tempting and it is such a struggle. I *do* love fellowship without food involved though!
22. I really enjoy watching Bob Ross paint!
23. I love organizing things! :)
24. When I was a teenager, my sister and I had to take turns going at 5:30am (in the dark...before school) to the barn to feed the horses. At that time, the barn was located across the street, past our neighbor's house and back through a big field. We had to carry a 5 gallon jug of water too. It was *awful*. Despite being a teen...I was always so scared out in the dark and hated having to trudge through the snow and ice in winter to the barn. *And* the truth is (my mama will admit this) the horses were *her* loves...not my sister and mine! I know it's good to have responsibilities...but I *really* disliked that one! Thankfully, I survived! Ha!
25. I taught myself to knit and crochet using videos online.
26. I don't like coffee or tea. I wish I did though.
27. My favorite pencils are clicky pencils (mechanical pencils)!
28. I call the remote control for the TV a *clicker* (what do you call it?).
29. I can sew with a sewing machine but have trouble threading the machine (despite being shown many times) and refilling the bobbin...so I pretty much don't sew!
30. I love watching movies and shows with accents (British, Scottish, Australian etc.! :)
So, there you have some strange random facts about me. Nothing overly exciting....but hopefully you got a chuckle out of some of them. Do you find we have any silly similarities or maybe polar opposite differences?
I hope you enjoyed your visit today. I appreciate you stopping by! I hope you have a great Monday!