Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Staying Organized: With Planners!




I love planners. It's true. I love to have things written out. I like order and everything in its place. I love lists and organization. There are *such* great pros to this...but also some cons (I don't adapt well to change and can feel quite overwhelmed with disorganization and such. Someone who isn't flexible can be difficult to deal with and not a good light for Christ. This is something I work on, a lot!).

I have used planners since high school and find them to be quite necessary for me. If I have my tasks/responsibilities and appointments written down then I don't lay awake fretting about them at night. Despite this digital age of cell phones and agenda apps...I prefer paper planning (to be honest, my phone isn't a smart phone...it's just a simple flip-phone I rarely use!).

 In the photo at the top of this post you will see my Erin Condren Life Planner and above it is my BuJo (Bullet Journal) which you can find here: Leuchtturm 1917 Notebook A5 Hardcover Dotted Medium Black. I have one more planner I use that I will show and explain at the bottom of this post!


In my BuJo, I keep lists to remember, monthly tracking of habits, fitness, weather and more...


(I am trying out different pens and my handwriting isn't always the best looking because of it. I would like to get a couple calligraphy pens as that would help me immensely!)...





The pages in my BuJo are numbered. There is also an index in the front so you can keep track of where everything is! (It also has two ribbon bookmarks!)...




This is just a fun *extra* in there. They are doodle prompts from HERE....


I use my Erin Condren Life Planner to keep track of daily/weekly activities such as making the bed, laundry, dishes, tidying the house, homeschooling, appointments and more...


See how much use this planner gets? It is a necessity in my life. I *truly* don't know how people function properly without some sort of system/planner!



I make the stickers in my etsy SHOP. Here is next week's spread (I love the vintage look to it!)...


And a spread for St. Patrick's Day in March...


I didn't always decorate my planner....but I must admit, it's fun! I love using stickers! The only *must* for me is that it still must be 100% functional and work for my needs! :)

I made Bible Study stickers for my planner and offer them in my shop as well! :)


And the last planner to share is my Filofax in the personal size. This serves as my wallet and goes in my purse...


I keep my checkbook, register, "bills due" section and calendar in here...



When a bill comes in, I write it in the date it is due and its amount (I cringe at how messy it looks as I am actually very particular about neat handwriting...but it just doesn't *always* happen. So, here's being real)...


In the calendar section, I keep track of things going on throughout the month. This way, I don't have to take my bigger planner with me to schedule appointments etc. Yes, it means I have to keep two planners sync'd but that is okay with me....I enjoy the *planning* process...


So there you have it! That's how I keep organized! If you have any questions or thoughts please feel free to share them in the comments below (or email me: thecountryblossom at hotmail dot com). I always love hearing from you! :) Do you have a favorite way of staying organized? I would love to hear about that as well! :o)

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you are having a *great* week!
Cheerfully,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers and Pilgrims: The Art of Homemaking Mondays

19 comments:

  1. Love how organized you are. I am organizationally challenged. I use a BuJo also but it is very basic like the original and the only planner/organizer I have. I use it for everything because I couldn't keep up with anything if I had more than one. lol Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing this. It gave me a lot of ideas. Maybe if you have time you could do a post on how you implement your planners to "get it all done". That's what I seem to have problems with. I can write it down but the implementation is hard. Sometimes, to be honest, I must admit it is laziness! Plus with all you do, like homeschooling and teaching spin, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I don't have any secret way...I just get joy out of crossing off what I have accomplished...so that motivates me to do the things I write down! :) I am so imperfect though and don't always get it *all* done! :)

      Delete
  3. I am trying hard to organize my home business right now and I am also trying to keep track of many other things as well these days and find a way to simplify life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all so pretty!!!! Those will be treasures your children will enjoy looking through in the years to come. I think the way you decorate them must make keeping house so much more fun....am I right? Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy! I had so much fun touring your planner/organizer/notebook! Love how you schedule in Naps! I was wondering about how long do u nap daily? I always find if I nap too short, I am ill, but too long=groggy!
    I see you get table talk. We have actually started getting it as well. Such a wonderful resource. All in all I enjoyed every part of the tour! ;-) PS. I'm reading a book called "Living Virtuously". I know you like good book recommendations and if u haven't read it, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nap at least an hour if I can. Sometimes longer if needed! :) It's quite embarrassing to be in my 30's and need a daily nap! haha!

      I have read "Living Virtuously" and enjoyed it...except I didn't always like the font they used in it. Sometimes it made it difficult to read. :)

      Delete
    2. I also take a daily nap! No embarrassment here! :) Hubby likes me to be rested when he comes home. Two tired humans isn't the funnest!

      Delete
  6. I love seeing your planners! I am an avid dayplanner, but haven't ventured into bullet journaling yet. I have been confused by the process. Seeing yours has helped! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! That's pretty amazing! I would need a planner to keep my other planners up to date! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the creativity you put into your planner! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I n EC planner girl for the third year. My father-in-law just bought me a personal size Filofax so I'm not lugging around the EC all the time. I have young children and aging parents that I care for so lots of medical stuff. I have tried to get the Filofax to work. Even made vertices for it but I keep lugging the EC around. Guess it's what works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I've started a bullet journal and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning! Just a little note to let you know we have *featured* this post today on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :) Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time to your blog and I love it. Don't know you all that well, but I am in awe of your accomplishments here. I find it encouraging as I like things to be organized too. Do you have any ideas on how to encourage others to be at least a little organized?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cindy!!! :) I will have to think on that...(how to encourage others to be a little more organized)....hmmm...

      Delete
  13. Did you do the art work on your planner pages and is that your writing? It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is...Thank you Lee Ann. :D

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy