Monday, February 15, 2016

With Love...

I thought I would share some of the things I have made lately with love (which seems appropriate with the just passing Valentine's holiday, right?)...

Making rolls for supper...




Tried a new recipe: *Taco Bake*...it seemed to be a hit with everyone (I didn't try it)...


I crocheted this ear warmer. It was a simple pattern...


Although we are homeschoolers, my children do participate in a co-op that is like a school day twice a month. :) They enjoy learning other things in the classes as well as seeing friends (our group consists of about 50 Christian homeschooling families). They had a Valentine's exchange today so here are the things we made up for the boys (Madelyn made cookies at Ma's house):

I found these cute star wars printables ("ewok my world"....SO cute!) and printed them onto sticker paper and cut them out. We made bookmarks out of them and added a small piece of candy with it. Jaxson then signed his name at the bottom. Technically, these stickers were to go onto tic-tac boxes but with 12 people in his class and each thing of tic-tacs costing $1, that would be an awfully expensive set of valentines! So, we decided bookmarks were cute and much more economical...


For Xavier, I found (on Pinterest) these minecraft printables. I print them all out on sticker paper and then put them onto card stock (pink for girls, blue for boys) and then the green minecraft guy/thing (I have *no* idea what they are actually called) got placed around a small candy bar! I think they turned out really cute...


For the kindergarten class I help with I made these (another pinterest find)...


And finally, just because it makes me smile, here is Stella, relaxing (as that seems to be what cats do best!)...


We didn't do anything *special* for Valentine's Day...we had church and just relaxed for the day (I enjoyed a nap, of course!) although in the evening, the children and I worked on purging/organizing a room upstairs (I love to get things tidy!). We didn't spend extra money on purchasing anything for one another since our money is focused on finishing the addition to our house (which is coming along nicely!).

We are expecting a bit of a winter storm in our area tonight and tomorrow. I am okay with being snowed-in (especially since I know spring isn't far away). We will work on schooling and housework (with more emphasis on organizing/purging un-needed items etc.) tomorrow. The children have their instrument lessons in the afternoon but I am not sure if they will be canceled or not due to the weather. :)

And, before I go...I want to excitedly share that since the beginning of January I have now lost 12 pounds! :) The weight loss competition I am in will end at the end of this month! It would be *so* much fun to win...but I have *no* idea how other competitors are faring at the moment. :)

If you are getting snow and ice like we are, stay warm and safe! For those of you enjoying sunshine and warmer temps, enjoy some for me! :) The guys are working on sanding the mud in the addition right now...I will soon get their dinner started (I have homemade burger buns made up and plan on making homemade sloppy joes for them). I need to work in my Bullet Journal and Planner as well. I hope you enjoy your night and week ahead! Thanks for stopping!

Warmly,
Katy :)

12 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things about the Internet is the access to all of the wonderful ideas and printables I have access to. I especially use it for homeschool resources, but I love that you were able to find valentines on it as well. :) Our Valentine's day was pretty much the same. We didn't spend any money either. We typically don't. And we're trying to focus our energy and money on some house matters as well. Have a great time purging and organizing. That always feels amazing. I did quite a bit of that last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss. I have been working on this as well. Hard when you are use to giving to everyone else your time. One must be a bit selfish in order to loose weight. Very, very cold here. Keeping indoor with the exception of farm work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not my intention to be selfish...honestly, I focus on making everyone else a hearty, delicious meal and just make something lighter for myself. :)

      Delete
  3. I am attempting to lose some weight but it is not coming along well. I have plenty to do but never enough time to do it and I wonder where you find the time to make homemade buns while homeschooling and cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! Honestly, making buns and bread from scratch is really not time consuming at all! :) The most time is taken up when they need to rise...but I can get other things done during that time. :) The hardest part is not eating them myself! haha!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! Been following it for years. Congrats on the weight loss...I know what a struggle it can be and how much hard work it is. I do have a question. You often post what your families meal was for dinner but I always wonder what you end up eating! Being on a weight loss program myself, I would be interested in hearing what you cooked for yourself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey! :) Honestly, I eat the same things a lot...thankfully, I am so plain-jane that I don't mind the non-variety. Usually I'll eat a salad (and measure out cheese, dressing etc. to go on it) or low carb/low cal. tortilla with a piece of cheese, light mayo, ham and sometimes lettuce on it with some popcorn (measured out). Sometimes I'll eat greek yogurt....or a cheese stick. The key is to measure our your portions and see how much you are truly eating. I find that when I measure things out and keep track of it, I always end up losing weight!! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

      Delete
  5. Katy, If you have time, please post the recipe for your Taco Bake. Its looks like something my family would love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the weight loss! What do you like to eat for dinner when you are not eating the same thing you feed your family? Baby steps in weight loss for me. I quit drinking soda as of January. Baby steps right :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those minecraft valentine's cards?!!! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy