Friday, July 10, 2015

Hodgepodge

Did you know hodgepodge is all one word? I just found this out today! I like this definition of it: a jumbled mixture. Sometimes I just have some photos on my camera that don't really have a place to call their own on my blog! So they become a hodgepodge post! :) Random, yes....but necessary since I (eventually) print out my blog years into a book which serves as a memory/scrapbook for us (those books are *so* expensive though...so I only order them when I can). 


Our girls have been laying quite well these warmer (although super rainy) months...


Isn't it fun to see the different sizes, shapes and colors of the eggs? Look at that wee-little one down there (not sure who laid that one!)...


Jax always knows how to make me smile...


Jaxson and I played some chess...


Our Fourth of July picnic with our beloved church family...



Our pastor is a Godly man...studies the Scriptures and preaches truth (a much-needed thing especially in light of all that is going on around us today). He is there in the blue shirt (holding his granddaughter). We are so, so thankful for him (and his family)...


Prayer as one of our church members readies to fly out on a mission trip to share the gospel...


My beloved and me (I look *so* much better in black and white...if I didn't trust God's sovereignty, I would truly believe that I was meant to be born in an era of black and white *only* photographs!)...


Fun fireworks!


Everyone always enjoys the show...


So there you have it! Some random photos on my camera all slapped together into one post! :)
And before I go....I just have a quote from John Piper to share with you (this is from his book Future Grace). May you find encouragement, strength and wisdom in it (emphasis is mine)!

"When something drops into your life that seems to threaten your future, remember this: the first shockwaves of the bomb are not sin. The real danger is yielding to them. Giving in. Putting up no spiritual fight. And the root of that surrender is unbelief - a failure to fight for faith in future grace. A failure to cherish all that God promises to be for us in Jesus.
Jesus shows us another way. Not painless, and not passive. Follow Him. Find your trusted spiritual friends. Open your soul to them. Ask them to watch with you and pray. Pour out your soul to the Father. Rest in the sovereign wisdom of God. And fix your eyes on the joy set before you in the precious and magnificent promises of God."

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. love the candle in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these sorts of posts....they give a window into the *everyday* happenings...that's real life! :) I agree with you....a godly pastor who preaches truth is to be prized. We are blessed in the same way. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. katy, love all of your pictures. looks like everyone had fun at 4th of july. We are so dry here lots of places had to cancel in fear of starting a fire. We just stayed home and watched fireworks on tv. Have a blessed day ahead and weekend. Blessings, Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish there was a like button. So instead . . . LIKE!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy