Wednesday, July 15, 2015

.::. And...She's Fourteen .::.


This girl right here....she turned fourteen earlier this week. Yeah, I'm struggling with it...and happy with it (all at the same time). That's normal for a mama, right? Before you're a parent, people tell you not to blink because when you do, your children grow up too quickly. Well, I blinked and here my Madelyn is....fourteen. 

To have a little fun on her day, I surprised her by inviting one of her good friends along and we went to play mini-golf and eat lunch. 



The fourteen-year-old with the fourteenth hole flag...


Jaxson played the *happy birthday* song to her on his guitar...


Yesterday, my sister, her girls and my mom all came by to visit and brought a cake with them (haha, I think Jax is shocked that his sister is fourteen too...look at that face!)...


Xavier, holding Audra (who is trying on a frog hat I crocheted for a friend's baby)...


Madelyn enjoying Audra snuggles...



These two cutie-patooties were there too...


Opening gifts...


We had tacos for supper for Madelyn's birthday (per her request) and enjoyed a fun (and loud) game of Apples to Apples. There was a lot of laughter!! We were too busy playing the game to remember to take any photos ~ so you'll just have to take my word for it! :o) I think she enjoyed her day (and the gifts we got her haven't been delivered yet so it's almost as if she is having an *extended* birthday!).

We're so grateful that God gave us Madelyn. It is our deepest prayer that she continue to walk with Him all her life. :o) I know many of you have been reading my blog for some years and have watched her grow and blossom into this beautiful young lady! Isn't just crazy to realize that my little girl is a lady now!? Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our fun.

Warmly,
Katy

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Madelyn! :-) My oldest daughter turned 14 in May and I know how you feel, it goes by way too quickly. Many blessings to you and your family. Have a great day!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is a pretty girl. Happy 14th Birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, daughters are truly a blessing. Hope the relationship between the two of you continues to grow in love and appreciation. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time sure is a fly'in!! (: Happy Birthday Miss Lady Madelyn! (:
    Eloise's glasses look too cute on her too! Glad you all got to celebrate and have a fun day together.

    Blessings,

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katy! It's been a long time. (I really need to get back to blogging!) I thought I'd stop by since it's been so long and I can't believe your Katy is 14! Please wish her a happy birthday from both Joy and me. (Joy is out of town but I know she would want me to tell her). My Joy is 16, so I know how you feel! It is bittersweet, but the life of a mama!

    Good catching up a bit. Have a great day! :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, Happy Birthday to Madelyn, daughters are truly special people. Best Wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl... she reminds me so much of my girl, looks and all... my girl is 17 now and I so relate how when they are small its so hard to fathom how fast the years will fly by.. then once they do, its a sad realization while a happy one.. Such a beautiful girl Katy... looks like she enjoyed her day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to her.
    She is a lovely young lady.
    All your sister's girls have grown too.
    The boys look full of fun.
    Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Katy, Yes, bittersweet and it all brought tears to my eyes! Enjoy and keep being that wonderful Momma to her! Tell her Roxy said Happy Birthday!!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Madelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 14th birthday to your Madelyn! My birthday was on the 14th....but, I am many years past fourteen! Ha! ;-) Looks like you had a lovely day together celebrating. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy