Thursday, July 30, 2015

Audra's Dedication


This past weekend, my sister and her family dedicated Audra. They promised to raise her in the fear and admonition of the Lord. It was a lovely service. Afterwards, we all got together for a picnic. (El's face in the photo above makes me giggle! And isn't Dinah so cute in her glasses? She wears them *all* the time so she can be like her big sister!)







Lunchtime...






Jaxson's picture of a TARDIS (from Dr. Who)...


Hugs and high-fives for Uncle Chris...



That Audra smile is just *too* sweet...


I suppose it is necessary for me to tell you what happened that day...before lunch, I was changing Audra in the living room. She was happy and smiling. I picked her up, lifted her over my head in the air....she's smiling the whole time and then *all of a sudden* (I didn't even SEE it) I feel warm goo-eyness on my face and in my mouth! Oooo, it was awful! It was regurgitated breastmilk (as my sister nurses Audra)! I had to put the baby down and get some paper towels quickly! I had to wipe it out of my mouth and off my face. It was all I could do not to gag! Audra was still smiling and chipper! Hahaha! All our family and friends got quite the chuckle out of it all! It will be a funny memory for years to come! :)

I hope you are enjoying your week! Thank-you for sharing in some of my memories with me! :)

Cheerfully,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katy. The baby is so cute. Audra must have thought you were special since she shared her "nourishment" with you. I don't know how I would have reacted but you handled it with class. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy...that most have been quite surprising *chuckle* but it has happened to me also :0) what a lovely time you must have had that day ... mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Katy, trying again to post a comment we'll see what happens. great post,loved the story about Audry but what no pictures :) Have a great weekend. Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy