Monday, August 28, 2017

Rocking Chairs

 

For years, I have wanted a porch on our home. This year, it came to fruition! Chris, our boys, our Brother-in-Love, and sometimes his boys all helped to make it a reality (as you may have read in previous posts)! I have always said how (Lord willing) I would love to one day be able to sit in rockers on my porch ~ watching my children (or grandchildren one day) with my husband! 

Chris knew this dream of mine...and for my birthday ordered handmade Amish rockers for me! Aren't they just perfect!? I am a firm believer that every porch needs at least one rocking chair! For the icing on the cake ~ my parents ordered me (for my birthday) a side table to match! It hasn't arrived yet but when it does, it will go right between the chairs! I am so thrilled! I love things that make my home more *homey*. 


The days are cooler now...Fall is setting in! It is wonderful to sit out in one of the rocking chairs to spend time in God's Word...


I have, admittedly, begun getting out my fall scented candles to burn and a few outdoor decor items! I don't have a lot of things to decorate the porch with right now....it will probably take time to accumulate things (years even) ~ so this year the decorations may be minimal. I have a couple mums out right now (bought at ALDI ~ I love the prices there!). I also have my pumpkins growing in the garden that will make things fall-ish looking on my porch! :o)


I love the outdoor/rustic look of these rocking chairs. They are also super comfortable! My husband blessed me immensely by getting these for my birthday! My porch feels complete now! :) Of course, it still needs stained (probably next year) and the ceiling needs finished but for now, it's perfect and I am truly enjoying it! It's funny how something that may seem insignificant to some is so sweet to me! A simple country porch with rocking chairs ~ a dream come true for this country girl!



Thank you for all the birthday wishes and well wishes for my ankle healing. My ankle is still sore but hopefully doing ok. I am going to try and teach a cycling (spin) class tonight...we'll see how it goes!

When someone leaves a question in the comments, I never know the best way to answer it...in the comments? By email (if I have it?)? I don't want people to think I am ignoring them! What do you think is the best way?

Thanks for stopping by to share in my excitement with me! :)
Hope you all have a great week!
Warmly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. I love seeing how your sweet home is coming together for you. It is transforming! I love the porch and rockers. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful chairs. Happy Birthday!
    May you have many wonderful years enjoying that
    porch, and your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful chairs. Now I want a porch! As far as answering questions in the comments, I just answer them directly in the comments section. If they want you to email them, they could leave their email in their comments. Just remember to edit out the email address when you approve the comments if that is possible. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to say, I will be praying for quick healing for your ankle. Just try to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the stories those chairs could tell in the years to come! Enjoy rocking away with your love while making sweet memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful chairs! I don't think we'll ever have a porch, but we love our patio. It's where I love to sit outside and read God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your rocking chairs. They are beautiful. So thoughtful of your husband. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chairs are beautiful! I love a good porch. I have a small one on the front of my house and I have a nice sized one on the back of the house, but it is slowly falling in and the hubby won't spend the time to fix it. There is not a ceiling on either of them and so I can't seem to decorate and make them nice. Maybe I will suggest that for my anniversary and birthday next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so blessed to have the Amish rockers! My neighbor has one and it is the most comfy chair ever!!! She keeps hers in her livingroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy! You came to mind this week and I just had to stop by and see how you and your sweet family are doing! :) I love your new porch and inviting chairs. Such a lovely addition - I hope you enjoy them for years to come! Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH Katy it's beautiful. I love my porch and treasure all the moments I've spent out there. Enjoy!And Happy Birthday wa a

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful porch you have and the rocking chairs are the absolute best addition! I'm sure you'll enjoy hours and hours of enjoyment from them! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy