Wednesday, August 2, 2017

"August is like...

 ...the Sunday of Summer."

~Unknown


August has flown in and taken me quite by surprise. The summer has gone by in the blink of an eye and we will be starting our schooling again quite soon! I plan on actually doing some homeschool planning today (if there is time).

I have been harvesting green beans from our raised beds and big garden. We have lots and lots of them! Such a blessing! I canned last week, all day yesterday and have some to do today as well. My mom got me some peaches as well so I am sure I will be doing those soon too!


These pictures just show my first couple batches from the canner. There are more to follow! ;)


I made a new sticker kit and it is now up for sale in my shop! Aren't the fall colors so beautiful!? I am so looking forward to the Autumn air and beauty but I must admit ~ I am not truly ready to say good-bye to summer!


Mickey loves to be outside. We must take him around on a leash though...or he will run off...little stinker! He loves to be with us but also loves to explore! As I type he is laying at my feet after a busy morning...



The sunshine has been absolutely perfect for drying our clothes! It is *such* a great money saver and truly...the smell of line-dried clothes can't be beat!


My raised beds have been taken over by my pumpkins! Next year, I am totally planting the pumpkins in the big garden! This is just ridiculous! I know it looks like a weedy mess but it's not weeds! Just a pumpkin vine take-over!


They have even crossed over to try and get at my second raised bed. It's like it has a mind of its own!


It has been a bit too hot for me to go for any runs outside lately. I have still been teaching spin twice a week though and mowing a lot. That helps me get lots of exercise! :)

Inside...


It really isn't fair of me to post photos of Mickey and not have any of Cash! We still love our Cashers! We just *so* wish they could tolerate one another. We have been working with them...hopefully over time things will be better. This keeping them separate and us splitting time between the two to make sure they both feel loved is crazy!


To do lists....(right now, though, all the tasks are done on Tuesday's list and I am working on Wednesday's list.)...


More canning yesterday...


I harvested some peas from our garden. It was a perfect amount for Chris...as I think he's the only one in our family who likes them. I cooked them up for supper along with meatloaf, cous cous, and green beans from the garden...


Mickey is just so super cute. The pictures don't do him justice. I had to use the flash because he moves so much (ever pic without the flash was blurry because of all his movement!). I am not a huge fan of pictures with the flash though...they just make it all too shiny/bright. Oh well....at least you can actually see his face here! :)


I did three batches of beans in the canner yesterday and think I will get one more batch today! :) They will be so enjoyed this winter!


That morning sun is bright! :)  These jars just need washed, labeled, and the rings taken off and then they will go down on the shelves in the basement!


Madelyn made some cinnamon rolls from scratch. It was a recipe that had her put them in cupcake tins so they were all small and cute!


She made some icing as well. I didn't have one but everyone else said they were really good!


Summer is busy, busy, busy! I have more to do today and if I do get some down time I plan on spending it reading. :)

I hope your week is enjoyable so far...find joy in the little things! Smile more and pray often! Busyness isn't always bad. There are seasons of busy that just need to be done. Gardens need tending and homes need to run smoothly (as well as be tidy and organized!). What we must do is focus on doing things to the glory of the Lord ~ and finding the joy in the work He has given us. It makes the *doing* so much more enjoyable when you know that it serves a greater purpose ~ glorifying God! :) 

Happy August friends!
Warmly,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. As you have done green beans, I have been working on freezing corn. We will certainly eat healthy this winter. We are getting a pig to the butcher this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I feel like we could be really good friends in real-life. :) I love the intention of your last paragraph. Speaking truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been canning green beans as well. I love having plenty of home canned veggies for winter. www.merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy