Thursday, August 17, 2017

Our New Back Porch!


Chris and our Brother-in-Law worked and worked and basically finished our back porch. There are still a few things left to finish (like the underside of the porch ceiling and the steps)....but overall...it is done. :) I love it and can't wait to get it furnished and decorated (lightly).


Right now, there's just some odds and ends on there ~ but I hope to get a couple rocking chairs at some point...and get the rest of the porch cleaned off.


Those piles are wood are leftovers from the pieces of wood they cut. They were there when I took these pictures but Chris and the children got them all cleaned up last night. :)


I am looking forward to sharing photos with you once the porch has its final touches. Also, as you can see in the picture above...my pumpkin vines are crazy. I have four big pumpkins growing!!! :) It's the first time I have grown pumpkins! I definitely know they need *much* more room to grow next time! :)

I hope you are having a great week! Thanks so much for visiting me here today!
Until next time, Lord willing...

Warmly,
Katy


13 comments:

  1. It's wonderful!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katy! You'll make wonderful memories there with the ones you love. Enjoy, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great porch you have now, Katy! It looks very much like an old-fashioned farmhouse porch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will definitely enjoy this! Are you going to paint it? Put up a railing, or leave it 'open'? I can't wait to see how it all turns out when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What an incredible porch! I forget where you live, but here in the South, a lot of people paint the porch ceilings light blue. I can just see the rocking chairs lined up and the plants hanging all across the porch. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new porch!
    I hope you spend many hours relaxing there...
    And I can see it decorated beautifully for fall with pumpkins and cornstalks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing! I adore wrap around porches and I'm sure that once you get your rocking chair out there you will spend many a happy hour enjoying it! A great blessing from the Lord who gives us things to slow us down to enjoy what He has given!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new porch is just beautiful! You will be using it all the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a beautyful porche!
    I look forward to the next picture's, when the furnishing is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful porch. What a great area to enjoy for many months of the year.... and it looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great. I know you all will enjoy it so much. I love porches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful Katy! I know how much you have wanted it!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy