Thursday, August 24, 2017

Celebrating 36 Years!

Xavier surprised me by changing the light board from his name to mine. :)

Hello friends! I wasn't going to do a birthday post...as it isn't necessary to draw attention to myself...and truly, it is just another day. However, I realized that celebrating birthdays isn't really about *us* anyway. It brings glory to the Father. I praise Him for another year on this earth. I didn't bring myself to life 36 years ago. I was thought of and planned before the beginning of time. I am His and He brought me into this world (using my parents!). I am not exceptional in an of myself. I am flawed, imperfect and unimportant. However, He has redeemed me from my old self. He has made me good. He has saved me from the sin which enslaves. He determines the numbers of days....or years...I am on this earth. So ~ today (and every day) is a day for me to praise the Lord for the time He has given me here. I praise Him for the good, the bad and everything in between!


We have nothing major planned for today. Schooling, housework and the normal day-to-dayness that happens around here. I *am* doing a little more sitting today than normal. Yesterday, while out for a run with Mickey (our cocker spaniel) I sprained my ankle. It is swollen, stiff and painful. I am hoping it is only a grade 1 sprain (quicker healing time). It makes walking difficult and obviously, no exercise is allowed for now. I also got stung by a bee yesterday...on the calf of the opposite leg! Goodness! I thought about going to bed early yesterday as it just didn't seem to be a day I was suppose to be up and about!


The weather has gotten a touch cooler the past couple of days...with temperatures in the 70's. It is wonderfully comfortable (and a lot of time has been enjoyed out on our new back porch!). I absolutely love fall but I'm not sure I am totally ready for it to arrive yet. I guess I don't really have a choice in the matter, eh? ;)


I'm just adding a few photos from around the house to this post. Mostly pictures from the living room. I've added a few things decor-wise and have done some tweaking here and there. It's not finished completely but it's coming together! It's a much darker room...being at the back of the house and now with the porch blocking some of the light that did come in.



My etsy shop has been doing well. It has been picking up in sales lately which is a blessing! :) I don't make a huge income from it as some do but it's a little extra which is always nice to have!



I should go ice my ankle again (Mickey will jump up with me and lay on me while I do. He is such a great snuggler!). It's funny ~ this morning Chris said to me that he has almost been married to me for half my life. In a year or two ~ that will be true! :o) I definitely got the better end of that deal! He doesn't think so....but I *know* so!

As always, I appreciate you dropping by! I have some great things I have been reading recently and have wanted to share...but alas, my book is upstairs and with a bum ankle..the steps aren't fun right now. Hopefully I will be able to share some sweet nuggets of goodness I have been reading soon!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!
With warm wishes,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Hello sister Katy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. Let me bring birthday greetings to you and may the Lord add many more years to your life and may He continue to use you in homeschooling your children that will shape them in the likeness of Jesus. I am glad to come across your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your family and your love for the Lord Jesus. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people who have their interest in the missions to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Your children are still too young to come but they are interested in future they can come and work with us. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!
    Happy Birthday...
    So sorry about your ankle and a sting, you better rest and enjoy a slice of cake, act like it is your birthday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet Katy. Many blessings today and always. I will pray for a fast healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! 36 and falling apart.... just kidding! I hope your ankle heals quickly and that it is just a sprain. It sounds painful, you may need to have it X rayed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy!! Happy Birthday! Miss you, my friend ��

    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. I hope your ankle heals quickly and the sting doesn't bother you too much. Enjoy your day and God bless. www.merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I hope your day feels full of love from your family. I am sorry to hear about your ankle- and the bee sting! Hopefully you find the time sitting with your foot up to be restful and not stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday. Your post was timely as even though it is not my birthday, I needed to be reminded that God gives me life each new day. The last 4 months of my life have been the hardest and most painful in my 42 years. I try not to look at it as God punishing me but rather disciplining me for his glory. I am glad you posted your birthday post as I needed to read it :).

    Hope your ankle heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I'm so sorry I'm so late in commenting. I hope you're feeling better and not in much pain.
    It's so nice to hear about the sweet things that go on in your home...and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy