Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year 2017!

Happy New Year friends! I can hardly believe it is 2017! I remember being 17 or 18 and waiting for it to turn from the year 1999 to 2000 and for the whole Y2K scare! Ha! I must not have been too worried as I fell asleep before midnight even then! I have never been a late-night gal. 

We spent New Year's Eve day at my sister's home. Due to sickness we weren't able to get together with them on Christmas Eve (as per our tradition) so we got together on New Year's Eve instead. That evening we fellowshipped with friends and loved ones (fellow Christians and homeschooling family friends of ours). I didn't take photos of that...but we had a nice time. We had to head home around 9pm that night though because I was near tears from exhaustion (I had been up early, taught an hour spin class then we were at my sister's a good portion of the day and then to the NYE gathering with friends....I was just pooped!). 

I *do* have a few fun photos from the time at my sister's house. :) Here they are!

Madelyn had her hair braided by the *braiding-pro* Eloise (who isn't even quite six years old yet!)...


El did a great job! Goodness, I know *adults* who can't even braid! :)


 Xavier layed on my lap...


My aunt brought her dog, Spencer, (who my nieces LOVE) to visit! He was *such* a hoot sitting on the couch like this! I was so glad to be able to capture it on camera!



My three with my sister's three children (and the wee one in her belly will be added to this bunch this year! Yay!)...




Opening some gifts (look at Audra's little piggies...aren't they so cute!?)...



Eloise, Audra, and Aunt Ginny...



There's my guy opening one of his gifts!


Xavier wanted me to photograph Spencer laying between his leg and my aunt's. I went to snap the picture and Jaxson did bunny ears (and got *caught* by X at the SAME time!)!!!


My sister's family found this Darth Vader (from Star Wars) Snuggie for Jaxson...


Grammie got the girls mermaid tails...



X with another cute shot of Spencer...



 Jax got a face mask to match his Snuggie....so he is all warm and snug...in his *snuggie* teehee...


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while have watched my children (as well as my sister's children) grow up! Are you as amazed as I am at how fast they are growing!? I *need* time to slow down!

We are back to our routine again...which is nice. I like a nice rhythm to the days. We are schooling again, keeping up with housework and I even made some more stickers to add to my shop! I should hand draw some of my own stickers and scan them and make them into stickers...that would be cute. But as of now, I found and bought some *super* cute gnome graphics and made them into stickers! You can see them below or find them in my etsy shop (HERE).


Thank you for always visiting me here. I truly appreciate your comments and emails. :)

Here's to a lovely, God-honoring, Christ-exalting 2017!

Cheerfully,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Your children all have grown. as well as your nieces.
    I remember when Eloise was born!
    They are all beautiful children.
    Your family is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your daughter is grown up..What a beautiful young lady she is..
    I pray the new year is a happy one for us all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I reading your post correctly????? Is your sister expected another blessing?!?!?!?!? (Or, could it be the cold meds i just took??!?!?!?!)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read it right Shelby! :) My sister is pregnant with her fourth child!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Praise the Lord - What a great way to start the year!

      Shelby

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Katy! Seeing how fast your kids are growing reminds me of how fast my kids are growing too! We do need time to slow down... Congratulations on another niece or nephew on the way!! Here's a link to my blog, so you can see my "little" ones: www.classiccountryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I do! They grow like weeds and no matter what we do to halt the process it goes on. I will be quite curious to see if your sisters baby inside will have the strong resemblance as the other 3? Or if she has a boy child will it be influenced by that. Will be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy