Monday, January 23, 2017

A Bit of Organizing


Hello friends! :) 

It has been a busy day here today...and I am quite ready for bed. We have another busy day tomorrow though so I wanted to get this post up tonight. We have been having such mild temperatures here in Western PA lately! In the 50's! It has been dreary though...and the mud....oh the mud! But...I am *not* trying to complain. I wore flip-flops the past couple of days! Yes, you read that right! It was glorious! The bad thing, though, is that the skunks seem to think it is time to wake up from their hibernation...then they try to cross the road. They aren't very successful. I hope they realize they need to go back to bed! 

Since it is late and I am *quite* ready for bed...I just wanted to share a quick bit of organizing I have done lately. I rearranged some bookshelves and organized the children's schoolwork...



The "mail sorter" system I had used to sit here (below). It worked *wonderfully* and I loved how it kept things neat and *in their place*. However, the slotted shelves I had purchased were made of thick cardboard and with some of the weight of the children's schoolbooks, over time, it started sinking and sagging in places. I was disappointed! So...I put on my thinking cap!


I used this ugly old book shelf/cupboard from the front "official" school room (but we don't do our school in there. We did at one time but now it is easier to do at the table or somewhere comfortable) and brought it into my office/library area (aka: the old living room beside the dining room)...


I found an inexpensive *smaller* slotted shelf for the boys' books...


Madelyn keeps most of her books in her room. But the top shelf of the cupboard is hers to keep books or notebooks...


The bottom shelf keeps some finished workbooks and workbooks yet to be used...


The very bottom (with the doors) is where I keep my sticker paper for my shop.

The bookshelf/cupboard is not pretty at all..but it serves us well right now! I love when something functions in a way that works best for my family!

So there you have it! :) A little organization! I hope you enjoyed and maybe found something that may benefit you and your family as well. In my next post, I plan to share with you all a couple fantastic books I have finished. They aren't long and oh my ~ they are *full* of wisdom! So definitely come back soon to see that post! You'll be glad you did!

Thank you for visiting!!
Cheerfully,
Katy

Link to my latest Plan With Me video in an Erin Condren Life Planner: HERE (to see bullet journal PWMs see my sidebar or check out my youtube channel!)

This post linked up to: Strangers & Pilgrims and The Modest Mom

3 comments:

  1. Hi! It's me Lee Ann aka irishcanesfan from Instagram. I love your blog and your home. I feel like I could walk in and just feel the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I really am enjoying your blog. I think you did a great job on your dividers and I like your layouts-I am struggling with planner peace at the moment and found your blog inspiring. have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's surprising what a little compartmentalising can do to change your storage space and make everything look that much neater huh? All it takes is a little trip down to the store and find the right boxes and cubbies to fit the things in your shelf like you've done here and Voila! Neatness and Order!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy