Thursday, July 14, 2016

Auction Finds & *She's 15!*



My brother-in-law and his father are auctioneers. :) Often, one or more of my children and Chris will work at the auctions (as they are typically on Saturdays). Occasionally, they will have sales on other days of the week. There was one yesterday and both Xavier and Jaxson worked at it. Madelyn and I decided to go to it, although we got there halfway through. I have been to many auctions but never officially bought something on my own (Chris has purchased a few things over the years). Well, I found a few things at good prices!

Here are a few of the things I got...


I'm a cast iron junkie! These were all sold together (most of them look brand new). I *love* the square one!


 I got this side table for $6 or $7 and it works perfectly where I pictured it! I have a picture without the flash (as this is what it looks like in real life....but is a little blurry). The picture below it shows it with the flash. I put a crock pie plate on it to hold keys when we come into the house!


(Notice I haven't yet painted the door...nor put on the door knob yet!)


I got this neat printers/stamp box. It has small printing strips in the drawers...it's missing a couple drawers ~ but that's totally okay with me! I put it in the living room and it works perfectly for holding this lamp!


 I got this rolling pin *which I love*...


I also got an elliptical (that works well!) for $5! I plan on putting it to good use! :) I love when I find some great, useful items at great prices! Don't you?

I walked into the pantry yesterday and found Stella curled up, all content and purring, in this basket on the dry sink! I realized it was definitely a perfect *picture* moment...so I hurried off to grab my camera...



My Madelyn turned 15 yesterday. I can hardly believe it! You never realize how fast time flies until you have your own children. You blink and they are grown! My mom always told me how fast time went but I never truly realized how right she was until my children were born! I am so, so thankful for the 15 years the Lord has given me with my daughter and I look forward to many more, Lord willing. 

Madelyn enjoyed some time swimming with some of her girl friends from church yesterday (they had a lot of fun!) and after the auction that afternoon/evening, we (Chris, the children and I) went and got ice cream together. :) She enjoyed her day. 

Tuesday, my sister and her girls (as well as my aunt and my mom) came over for lunch to celebrate Madelyn. Eloise, Dinah and Audra brought her these balloons...


Aunt Nen (my sister) made these healthy cupcakes and brought them! The girls loved bringing the candle to Madelyn and singing to her!



This girl steals her Aunt TiTi's heart...


Her first time playing Legos...


So, this week has been busy and much enjoyed already! Today is cloudy and dreary...so I'll focus on cleaning inside, reorganizing things and hopefully have time for a nap at some point! X has an appointment this afternoon and then he and Madelyn get to go bowling with friends from church this evening. Since Jaxson is too young to go, Chris plans on taking him fishing (if it doesn't rain). I am sure they will have fun!

Grace and Peace to you, friends. Thank you for visiting me today!
Joyfully,
Katy

 ...make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ 2 Peter 1:5-8


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day for Madelyn and you got some good deals at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Madelyn!! Mine's today. However, I am over triple your young lady's age....crazy! :) It sounds like lots of wonderful things are going on in and around your home. Big hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh! I AM behind in checking your blog! So glad we could come over for Madelyn's birthday... next year.. SWEET 16! Better start planning now! (I'll help!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy