Thursday, July 28, 2016

9 Years of Blogging!


I have just realized that I have been blogging for 9 years! NINE years....I can hardly believe it! That means I was 25 or 26 years old when I first started! It seems so odd to me! You have all (if you have been here a while) watched my children grow up, my house change and my faith grow! :) I pray it has been a blessing to you! Thank you for following along with me!

My posts have grown fewer over the years as life just keeps *happening*. :) I always have great plans for posts as I am laying in bed, reading the Word...and then by the next day, I just feel blank. Even if a topic of great interest comes to my mind, I can't seem to put anything into words. It may be that the Lord just doesn't want me to speak about things just now...or maybe I just have a case of "writer's block" (although I am no *official* writer...even though I would love to be).

Lately, we have been keeping up with chores/housework...


...as well as preparing for a multi-family yard sale at my mom's this weekend (no, Jaxson's guitar and case won't be in the sale!)...


We're also gearing up to start our homeschool year *officially* soon. The children aren't overly excited (and I enjoy the free-ness of summer as well....) but it will be good to get back into a routine...


It's so dry out lately that I haven't needed to mow as much. This is good...and bad...all at the same time. I don't *love* to mow but I like the yard to look tidy. I also like the workout it gives.


I don't watch a ton of television. We don't have cable or anything...just Netflix and Amazon Prime. I started watching episodes of Poldark lately...and I must admit, I am loving it....so much so that I ordered the first three books to read (there are 12). Do you watch this program? I am getting towards the end of season 1. Don't give any spoilers though, okay? :) I just love watching Demelza serve, respect and love her husband. What a beautiful example it is to watch. :)



I need to get going...more things on my "to do" list to accomplish. Thanks so much for coming by. And for those of you who have grown along with me here these past nine years...*thank you*, truly. What a blessing it is to have friends from around the world visit me.

Technology (and the world-wide-web) can be a curse and a wretched thing....but it can also be a beautiful thing....such as breaking up the miles between loved ones. The Lord can (and does) use it mightily for His glory through sermons on youtube and sermonaudio. He uses it to refine and teach me....to be careful of what I say and how I say it....especially when in typed print as it can be easily misconstrued.

Kind comments (and emails) from you are encouraging to me and bring such joy....so again, **thank-you** for visiting my humble little blog. It's just a small place....but I pray it glorifies Christ and encourages those who visit.

I *really* gotta go now! *smile* Have a great weekend ahead!
Warmly,
Katy :)

Linked up at: The Whole Hearted Home

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I hear you about life getting in the way.
    My main blog is updated sporadically these days.

    Things are looking up though, as we've bought a new
    home and I've started a new blog to chronicle our
    journey there. I love writing, so I'm sure to busy
    with sharing the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog-A-Versery! I love reading about your home, family and faith! Keep up the good work!

    Grace & Peace
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 years!!!! Yay!!!! And you've been faithful, too!!! My blogging has soooooo slacked off. I still use it for recipes, though! Lol.

    I remember "meeting" you mostly because you won a giveaway on my blog eons ago!!!

    Keep up the good work here on your blog and with your family. You are a blessing to many!

    His
    Mrs U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, How wonderful! Nine years is a long time and the children are getting so big! Love your heart and your sweet blog that shares your home and faith!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog has been a blessing to me for a long time. Thank you Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot really remember how long I've been reading your blog, but I think it was at least 2008. Used to be there weren't many blogs out there, and it was a joy to find someone likeminded. Well, actually it still is!
    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting!!!! 9 years. That's great Katy and you always have such interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I know I have not been following you for that many years, but I have enjoyed the time I have been. Your blog always brings a smile to my face and I love your simplicity and I love the music that comes along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Nine Years! Your blog is a wonderful gift to us all, I enjoy reading. I've never heard of Poldark, but may check it out. I love watching something that is recommended by someone I admire. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, nine years! That's amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog because now I'm introduced to your lovely space. I also checked out your stickers since my kids are fanatics :) They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I have been reading your blog for 7 years! I've lived in 4 different places since then. Now we're in Alaska. Your blog is one of my favorites, as I was born in PA and my dad's whole family is from there. I haven't been back for 20 years, but I remember it well. You're blog is comforting and cozy! Thank you so much for it! Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katy I'm a long time reader I just need to be better at leaving a comment !!!! I've enjoyed your blog over the years and love reading about your stable family life.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy