Friday, October 16, 2015

Photos from Home In October

 "Anne reveled in the world of color about her.
'Oh, Marilla,' she exclaimed one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous boughs, 'I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it? Look at these maple branches. Don't they give you a thrill -- several thrills?'"
~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


October is here with all its brilliant colors and splendor! Some days are rainy but others are cloudless, sun-filled and gorgeous. Look at that blue sky! I praise God for His creation...and isn't it magnificent to think about what Heaven is like...or what the *new* heavens and earth will look like one day? I mean, if a fallen world can look *this* lovely...I can't even fathom the grandness of what will be!

Leaves cover the front yard and the boys have enjoyed raking them and playing in them!


Inside, we are kept busy with our schooling, housework and time together. The days are chillier and we haven't started the wood stove yet so you will see us in slippers, hoodies or wrapped in blankets often!

Clean, tidy counters make me happy...



Always a candle (or two...or three) burnin' away here...


Supper cooking away the other night (boneless pork chops are in the oven...potatoes boiling to mash and sweet corn from the garden)...


Stella...


Winnie...


My sweet three (pics I took out in the woods behind our home)...


Madelyn, X and Jaxson with Ruthie...


It's raining right now...thankfully, we got our errands run a little earlier. Schooling is finished and housework (and hopefully a nap) will begin. I hope you enjoy your weekend ahead! Thank you for visiting!

Kindly,
Katy

Linked to: A Wise Woman Builds her Home

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet gentle spirit comes through your blog. It's easy to see that you treasure home. May God bring you a very full and happy Autumn.
    Sincerely,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    I've still got you in my blog list on my blog. Your blog is so lovely, I'm glad I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont comment often but I am always reading and catching up on what is going on around here. I absolutely love reading all of your posts during the Autumn and Winter months because it makes me just feel like "Home." Your home is so cute and cozy, inside and out. I am so envious over the beautiful colors that the leaves change and your weather. It's still in the 90's here in San Diego, CA. Today is actually over cast, with a little bit of drizzle, but it's still almost 80. I am wishing for a color winter. It hasn't been this hot in October since 1996 in San Diego.

    Thanks for Sharing!

    -Ashlee Michelle
    www.makeupandmodifieds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy, P A looks beautiful!! Wishing you and your family a lovely weekend, God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy, I LOVE reading your blog and just wanted to tell you that we have a cat that looks exactly like your Stella! Her name is Callie and she lives outside now...used to be a housecat. You were saying how you love clean, neat countertops and your kitchen looks sooooo lovely! Wondering if you have a problem with your cats jumping on the cabinets? I would love to bring our cat in but she will NOT stay off the stove and cabinets...walks all around them and then jumps up on fridge and then up on top of the wall cabinets to lay :-) Problem is I cannot stand the little foot prints on my glass stove top where she has just come from littler box and then on my clean surfaces :-( any suggestions and how do you handle this and the mess of the litterbox? Maybe I'm just too picky??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you are picky at all! I completely agree! Cats on counters or tables is just yucky! :) Thankfully, Stella and Winnie have never tried to jump on our counters. Winnie is a smaller cat so she doesnt' jump too high (she probably could but has never realized it). A couple times, Winnie has jumped on to a chair in the dining room and then onto the dining room table and we shooed her off immediately. She seems to understand that is a *no-no*! I am not sure how you would break that habit from a cat though....they can be quite persnickety.

      The biggest problem we have is them wanting to stretch their claws/paws on the furniture and wood around the house. I need to get them scratching post thing and hopefully that will deter them. Both of the girls are fixed but they both still have all their claws. I would LOVE to remove just the front claws on both cats but it is $140 each! Yikes! I just hate having my furniture ruined. We don't own fancy things but do try to take care of we do own.

      With the litterbox...I scoop it every morning. We use a litter that actually doesn't smell and works well. I *think* it is Fresh Step....but I'd have to look to be sure. I have a small rug in front of the litter that I shake into the trash daily and then wash from time to time. :)

      I'm sorry I am not much help! Thanks sooo much for your kind comment! :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I love the autumn and my home!

    I have often thought, also Katy, that if this cursed world can be so beautiful, think of what it will be like when it is made new!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cosy! I could just imagine Anne skipping down the hill away from your home...she'd fit right in! Your family must feel so very loved in the home you make for them....so welcoming! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Katy, Happy Fall to all of you! You have a lovely and sweet home and you have a very wise heart and always desire truth. Blessings to you and I think of you once in awhile! Happy Fall Baking ;o)
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy, I am glad you are enjoying a lovely October! So thankful for your blog. Have a blessed week! Xoxo, Monica

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy