Sunday, October 11, 2015

Autumn Has Arrived!


 The air is crisp, the breeze chilly, and the sun warm. The trees are turning beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange. It is absolutely glorious and my *favorite* time of year! I especially love it when the sky is blue, the air a perfect temperature and I can just step outside and breathe in the perfection of it all! Praise the Lord for the beauty of His creation!


The foundation is coming along...


Inside, candles are often burning...


and the kitties are always curled up, sleeping somewhere...


The only thing I am not a huge fan of is that the darkness of night sets in much-too-early...


Saturday, Chris had to go help our brother-in-love work at an auction. Our brother-in-love let us use his wood splitter (as ours can be a bit persnicketty) so the children and I could help carry some of the burden of work that needs to be done around here to prepare for the winter weather. We split and stacked wood. My mom came to help as well...






The Lord gave us a *beautiful* day to work on. I was very grateful!


Later in the afternoon, Chris's parents came over to lend a hand as well! Chris got home about mid-afternoon and joined in. I know he was so thankful for all the wood we had gotten split and stacked...


The hard-wood is getting stacked in the wood shed...


The pine is being split and stacked outside...


We had four long rows of it...we worked (in total) around 6 hours, I believe. My whole body ached that evening. Sleep was a welcome thing for us that night. I'm still feeling it today!




Cash loves to be out, enjoying the fall weather and leaves too...


My Ruthie-girl...always my side-kick!


Saturday evening...before we crawled into bed, we went to enjoy a birthday party for two of our nephews. Here are a couple photos of Jaxson that had us giggling...



Today, after church, we traveled to see the elk a few towns over. I'll share about that in a post another day! :)

I want to say thank-you to each of you kind souls who commented, emailed (and sent a card) in response to THIS post. I appreciate your loving encouragement. I am thankful for you...*each* of you...that take the time to come here, share in my life with me and take the time to share words of love, encouragement, admonishment and more through various ways of communication. Such a blessing it is to me!

I have found that along with the love of family and friends, and prayer...reading Fox's Book of Martyrs (I was able to get it for free on my Kindle...although usually I prefer to read books that are made of paper!) helps me to truly put things into perspective!!! The suffering and persecution that the early Christians faced is astonishing! I know that many Christians around the world are suffering similarly and I try to remember them in prayer often. November 1st is the National Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church...I hope you will pray along with me...not just that day, but *every* day for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have also been reading a couple other books I want to share about...but that will have to be another day. It has been a long day and I am exhausted! I must get to bed! Thank you for visiting and I hope your week ahead is blessed!

Warmly,
Katy
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

6 comments:

  1. Hello Katy,

    WoW! you guys accomplished a huge task splitting and stacking all that wood in only one day ... It just goes to show that the old saying, "Many hands make for light work", is so true. How blessed you are to have family and friends close by and willing to help.

    I can relate to your comments regarding the days becoming shorter. Up here on the Montana prairie our summer days are nearly 19 hours long, however, at the height of winter our daylight hours will only be about 8 hours long. In just a short 4 weeks we've already lost nearly 3 hours of daylight.

    God bless you and yours this beautiful autumn season,

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy,
    I'm very sorry you had a disheartening week last week. I pray that this week is better for you. Being a Christian right now in this fallen world we are living in is extremely hard. But with God's grace & love we keep the Faith & always follow Him! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The early evenings aren't easy for me. The lack of sunlight can have a big impact on my mood. Although those evenings to give us more time to play games as a family.

    It sounds as if your family is similar to mine... ready to pitch in and help one another. Oh, what a blessing that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the days of family coming together to help one another. Different times, different places, make it difficult for our families to come together, even for the holidays. I am happy to hear the foundation is coming along. Love the pics of your fur babies and of your son. I have two sons, adult now, that always kept me laughing and they still do.

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, you all worked so hard! Now you have started the wood splitting and stacking its a weight off your mind that you have now started. Autumn warm weather is just the best, a wonderful tonic for the mind. Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have been keeping yourself busy as always. Nice job on the wood. Oh and I love the cooked chicken hat!!! Ahaha to cute!! God bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy