Friday, October 30, 2015

It's Almost Reformation Day!

After being down and out for almost a week with a bit of a stomach bug, I am finally starting to feel back to my "normal" self (whatever *that* is!ha!). So here is a bit of a post...maybe not too interesting but visually enjoyable none-the-less! :D 


To celebrate Reformation Day (Oct. 31), which commemorates the day in 1517 when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the church in Wittenburg, we had a "Reformation Day Study" today. We are watching movies on it and doing a work packet of printables that I put together for the children.


Since fall is winding down over the next month and the trees are becoming bare, I thought I had better take a few more photos of God's beautiful creation before winter kicks in (a season that has a beauty all its own!).


The foundation is coming along when time and weather allow...


The chickens are enjoying the time they get out to free-range a bit each day...


Leaves cover the the yard...


The wood shed is getting filled...


Inside, candles burn warm and fill the air with sweet scents...


A little reading (this is what Jaxson is reading right now)...


Jaxson's creations are always somewhere in the house...if the boy finds a box he will find a way to turn it into *something*...




So thankful to be *in*doors when it's blustery cold outside...


The boys enjoyed a little time "playing" yesterday...




 These sweet girls came to town to visit today as well! My sister made all their costumes. She's so talented!


Two pretty mermaids!


The cutest gumball machine around...


Uncle Chris with Audra...


And this picture would have been super cute had it not been blurry...


I have so many great ideas of deep, theological things to post...but when I sit down to actually write a post I go blank. And honestly, I don't always have a ton of time to sit down and actually type out all that I am thinking. I *do* hope to one day....as I truly do have so much on my heart I would love to share!

Well, I need to run ~ I have things to do (when you haven't been well for a few days it can leave you with a number of things to catch up on!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!
Cheerfully,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. Dear Katy, hope you continue to feel better, make sure you rest when you can :) Have a lovely weekend with your family, Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep well Katy! Beautiful post .... as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katy, I loved being reminded about celebrating reformation day. All the photos were very nice to see.Love the fact that a little boy can have such a great imagination and can build anything he wants from a box...
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful leaves! Such a blessing for you to see your boys playing in the yard together. :) And, yippee for progress on that foundation! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post and a lot of sweeties there.. The kids are so cute and your son has a special talent.. Isn't life grand?
    Take care.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Katy,

    The autumn colors around your home are stunning!
    I am glad to hear you are on the mend.
    Our family does not entertain Halloween and when we lived down home we would join our home school group for a Reformation Day celebration with a wienie roast, bon fire and educational reports about Martin Luther and reformation day. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and an excellent collective history project for the students before the bitter cold of winter set in.
    What a creative imagination Jaxon has! He sure is a smart youngster.
    Your nieces are too cute in their costumes, I especially like the gumball machine!

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy