Tuesday, August 13, 2013

And He's Ten!

Xavier has now entered double-digits since his birth. I am not quite sure how these past ten years have flown by but they have. His heart is big and his energy high and I am *so* thankful for my boy! Here are some photos so we can have this day recorded for our memories!


A small family celebration at the pavilion...



My ten year old...


Cupcakes with my homemade buttercream frosting...


Jaxson's look here, cracks me up!



Madelyn got him back after THIS incident!


She was quite pleased with herself afterwards! ;)


Enjoying some gifts!



The sky was gorgeous that night!


My dad couldn't make it to the first birthday celebration, so we had another one on X's actual birthday so my dad could come too! We had sweet corn (from our garden) and hotdogs for supper. 

Pop-Pop and Grammie got Xavier an air-soft gun for his birthday...


He was *thrilled* and had fun shooting at a target later that evening (I even took a shot and hit the target!)...


Grammie got X an ice cream cake...and we skyped with my sister and Eloise so they could sing with us and watch him blow out the candles! Ma and Pa (Chris's parents) even came over to join us for some ice cream cake!




(For the record, ice cream cake is my *favorite*...but I didn't eat any!)
Xavier enjoyed all his special celebrations. We are all just so thankful for this sweet boy that God blessed us with 10 years ago! He's practicing his banjo as I type and it is making me smile. Wish you could be here to hear it too. ;) 
Thank you, if you made it this far, for sharing in our birthday fun! I know there are a lot of pictures here...but my blog books are like photographic journals for us that I have printed out (although I am a few years behind now...it costs a pretty penny to have these things printed!). 
Warmly,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your handsome young birthday boy. My granddaughter has a birthday tomorrow, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be ten again! Would you want to live this life over again?
    No not I for I have learned to be thankful in all He has been teaching me for His Kingdom purposes.
    Happy Birthday to your precious boy!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special! My youngest is now 8, my last boy. I'm savoring all his boy-ness. I love X's look as he opens the air soft gun.

    Happiest of birthdays to your son!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun birthday!! Love the cake on the face pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky young man....2 birthday parties! Loved seeing all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to xavier, such lovely photo's, best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Katy,
    T thought I left a comment yesterday but it seems to have been lost.
    I loved reading this, we love special celebrations and birthdays are so very special in our home too.
    Thank you for sharing
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is not a problem for me to read your longer posts...in fact I enjoy a peek into your life and learn from your consistent contentment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday to Xavier! Looks like he had a great one with family and friends. I wish him many more happy birthdays. Xavier has such a sweet, happy face.
    Love to you!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to Xavier! It looks like everyone had a fun time! I can't believe he's already 10...have I known you that long? Wow!

    Enjoyed the pics!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy