Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sweet Kiddos ;)

The other night...it was just soo hot here in PA...the kids' rooms have great fans in them...but chris and my room is the only one with AC. Some nights though, even the fans don't help with the terrible heat in the kids' rooms...so I asked Chris if the kids could sleep on the floor in their sleeping bags in our room. He agreed...and not too long after I took the above pic...they were all zonked out! ;)

Today...sweet (and beautiful....isn't she adorable in that pic above...or am I just biased..?) Madelyn gave me the card pictured below. She made it just cuz she loves me.... sweet, isn't it? I am a lucky mama! :o)

I love how it is signed "Love, loving Madelyn"...hehe...Seriously...melt my heart! ;)

And she even decorated the back too....

I am blessed, indeed.

My mom picked up some sweet corn for my family for supper tonight! I was thrilled, as our corn in the garden isn't ready yet. I have totally been hungry for some corn on the cob! YUM!!!

So...I gotta run. I have chicken baking in the oven....now I need to get the au gratin potatoes baking and shuck the corn and get it cooked! It's going to be a scrumptious supper tonight! :)

Thanks so much for visiting. Isn't it so humbling to know that people take time out of their busy days to stop and read your blog? It sure is to me! I really appreciate it! Hope you are each having a great week so far! May you have true happiness and peace each day (which only comes from God!).

God cannot give us a happiness and
peace apart from Himself, because it is not
there. There is no such thing.

~C.S. Lewis

12 comments:

  1. So sweet indeed Katy!
    Give those kiddos extra hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and say hello ~ I don't spend much time online these days (I miss my friends!). Your family gets more beautiful all the time. M is darling ~ and its not just you! :0)

    So glad that you've continued your homeschool journey ~ such a blessing, isn't it? I'm down to 2 students now, and my oldest is beginning his 2nd year of college. Oh to have those sweet young years again ...

    Wishing you the joy of the Lord every day,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like you so much. Lovingly cute card too. :)

    I LOVE corn on the cob! But I make it all unhealthy by smothering it in butter and italian seasoning..or butter and tons of salt and pepper.

    Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm what a delicous supper!
    And the pic of the kids on the floor in their bags is adorable.

    I JUST noticed on your blog banner the KISS on the left handed corner. lol
    MISS KATYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    LOL AINT LOVE JUST GRAND???????

    HAVE A GRRREAT EVENING.
    GOT THE CARD TODAY! YOU ARE THEE BEST!!!!! THANKYOUUUUUUU!!!
    LOVE,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is that? M is a beautiful little girl and thoughtful too!

    Love the sleeping bag photo too! I think I would just die without AC, or maybe I just think I would! LOL!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable !!

    mmmmm corn, I can almost smell it now. I love fresh corn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing beats notes, letters and artwork from such precious hands!
    http://randommusingsfrommypov.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of camp out in your room. Sound like fun night. That's sweet of Maddy to do this for you. My girls does the same. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kids are sweet! I remember when I was a kid we used to "camp" in the living room in front of the heater. I didn't know then that it was because the furnace broke and we couldn't afford to fix it. I can just picture your kids as adults talking about how when it got soooo hot they would all camp out in mom and dads room! What great memories you are creating for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is beautiful, well you already know that ;)
    Thanks for poppin' by and sayin' hi :)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen so many Lea's in 1 spot. Just have to add an i for me. (Leia)

    Anyway, adorable pictures! Too cute!

    I've seen many AC units on Craigslist for great prices, might be something to look into for your area. All kinds to. Window units and freestanding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOO sweet!! Love the card!!!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy