Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Things That Make Me Happy...

Children, who fall asleep, all on their own, after a busy day of grocery shopping and playing hard....*X really needed the nap too. Oh he was upset and crying over everything. Bickering with his sister over even little things. I tried to have him lay down...but it wasn't till he decided to fall asleep *all on his own* that he finally succombed to the exhaustion that was over him.


Knitting is something I truly enjoy. I have been knitting away when I have a spare moment, on dishcloths to sell at my inlaws' upcoming fall festival that they host. At a recent family reunion, on Chris's side, I took my knitting to do while sitting outside at the reunion. Someone came up and said "You're knitting?"...and I smiled and simply said, "If I'm sittin'....I'm knittin'" hehe....not always..but it is nice to accomplish something even when you are having down time to rest while sitting! :) Aren't the fall colors of this yarn so pretty?

Country valances....saltbox houses,sheep & willow trees...on a pretty olive green gingham....I love them!

Sweet, feminine skirts and bare feet....(this one was made by my sister, for Madelyn)....

Shelves lined with canned food to feed my family this winter. Lots and lots of beans! :) We freeze our sweet corn. YUM! Nothing better than tasting *fresh* veggies in the middle of winter when the ground is frozen and bare of fresh food! I think it is so pretty just too look at....*is that weird?*

Sweet gifts from friends...

I won this Pearls of Wisdom jar from Lea's blog. But oh my she went above and beyond...sending me a beautiful handmade card (pictured below) and bubble gum for the kids, and other gifts and treasures! Her generosity was so appreciated and such a wonderful surprise! :)

Isn't that card gorgeous???

Of course...there are quite many more things that put a huge smile on my face and joy in my heart....but to list every thing in my life that makes me joyful...would take years! I *can* sum it all down (or should I say UP) to this....God's Abundant Blessings. My life isn't perfect and I am certainly *not* perfect...but my God is! And He loves me. He cares for me and my family. We have all we need and more.

Daily, I try to fathom and grasp the imensity of His love for me...and I can't wrap my brain around it. The One who made the entire universe....and knows each hair on my head...loves me! I am so grateful for that love and truly humbled. I hope you are growing in your relationship with God each day...and if you aren't...I encourage you to. We were created to love Him. Worship Him. Praise Him. A relationship with your Creator is what provides *true* fulfillment. :)

I hope your week is going well. :) Thanks for coming by!

"Now is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It won't last forever. We must take it or leave it."
~C.S. Lewis


"It is in the process of being worshipped that God communicates His presence to men."
~C.S. Lewis


"God will look to every soul like its first love because He is its first love."
~C.S. Lewis


7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Katy, just lovely. Your blog is such an inspiration to me. Your life seems so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I love that your post are heartwaring, inspiring and full of love for your family and the Lord. It is always a pleasure to stop by!

    I don't think it is weird that you like to look at your canned goods. I do the same thing. It gives a sense of satisfaction and security seeing all of my canned goods lined up and waiting to feed my family.

    Thanks for the compliment on my profile picture. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    No your not weird at all. I think my jars of canned veggies and such are purty...LOL! There's a lot of love and hard work that goes into those jars.
    And yes all to often we forget that we are to worship and praise the Lord without ceasing. We can not wrap our brains around the love the Lord has for us, nor can we His unselfishness and the servant He was. May our prayer be less of me, and more of Him. To show us how to love, and serve Him and others as He does us.
    Blessings, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to learn how to jar jelly and jam.
    I love to knit/crochet too.
    I love your blog!!!
    Big higs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when 'everyone' just had to have those decorative glass jars with peppers in them. Gosh, I think I even had one. LOL So no..it's not wierd. I love seeing Justin tend to the garden and watching the stuff grow. But my favorite is using them and sharing it w/ friends and family then saying how it came from our very own backyard. :)
    I love fall colors too so that yarn is perfect for the fall fest dishcloths. Hope you sell all you make!!
    X really looks like Jax in that pic cause of his lil lips. :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you're making lots and lots and lots of dish cloths!! with me and mom not doing a whole lot of pottery this past year... we need help filling up our table! (although hopefully mom is going to be throwing soon! not much time left!)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy