Monday, August 24, 2009

28 years and counting.....


“Pleas'd to look forward, pleas'd to look behind,
And count each birthday with a grateful mind.”
- Alexander Pope


Today is my 28th birthday :). I am so grateful for the years I have been given. Since my sister lives about an hour away..it was easier for her and her hubby, Cory, to come celebrate with us last night..so we had a birthday dinner at my mom's last evening. :) It was a great time...great food, great family....I am so blessed! :)

I was also fortunate to receive some really thoughtful gifts! The *not so flattering-but only one I have* pic of me below is while opening the knitting book my sister got me. And then I opened the gift from my parents and it was all the supplies to make one of the projects in the book! :) (And a gift card to JoAnn Fabrics--Be Still My Heart!!!)

So...as I am sure most of you know...the world just keeps on going...birthday or not. So we still have schooling and housework to do around the home. And...here it seems that August is the month we need vehicle registrations done, inspections of our vehicles, and other things that require my attention...including I have to renew my driver's license tomorrow...oh joy... ;).

So the day will continue with me a lil older. :) My mom called this morning (we talk every morning anyway) and asked to take me and the children to lunch. Isn't she kind? She payed for my lunch the other day and also made supper for me and everyone last evening. It's like enjoying an extended birthday! :o) See what I mean...? I am *truly* blessed.

Not sure if Chris has anything planned for this evening. Last evening, after we got home from my mom's, and the kids were in tucked in bed, he and I played a game of Yahtzee. I love playing games and enjoyed the time with him! :)

OH...and I don't know if this was a universal sale at all JoAnn Fabrics or just the one near us...but Saturday...they had a sale on Simplicity patterns! 5 for $5!! I spent under $20 at JoAnn's (to get some things to make Madelyn a skirt and top with my sister) and saved almost $80!!! Isn't that awesome??? I was so thrilled! I love a great sale, don't you?

Well....I better skee-dattle. Lots to do today and time keeps on ticking...one second at a time! I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week! :)

17 comments:

  1. I already said Happy Birthday, LOL, but I'll say it again! Happy Birthday my friend!

    What wonderful, thoughtful presents!! Can't wait to see what you will knit from the book!!!

    Sounds like you will have a great day...take care....enjoy your lunch!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday it is so wonderful to have family and friends around. I did no think much about that until I my my DH he had no family until me and mine and now he has all of us, so Happy Birthdy and have a good and blssed year
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Katy! I hope your day is as special as you are!

    Sounds like a nice birthday celebration already, but you may be in store for more.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Katy Bear! Glad you had a nice weekend and hope you have a great day today! :)

    I do everything online when it comes to drivers license renewals and registration stickers. It seems to come in the mail faster than doing it all by mail. And WHO wants to stand in line for that with small children in tow?

    I sent you a small package on Thursday. You should get it today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Katy! Glad that you are having fantastic birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday again Katy! Your still just a pup! Enjoy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day. God bless, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!! You truly deserve to be Blessed!! Enjoy your evening!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR KATY!! Hope your day is wonderful!! You've got blessing family. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and what thoughtful gifts!! Hope you have a super day!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Katy!! What wonderful gifties you got!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday sweetie! Today is my mom's birthday too!

    ENJOY!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy