Friday, June 17, 2016

Getting a Little Braver...


I have (finally) begun hanging things on the new walls of our addition. It is a stressful task as I don't want to make many holes in the wall, want things to be straight and such. I am going to look into command strips for future wall hangings, I think. I want to wait to  hang anything else though because I would like to do some groupings and I don't have all the items I would want to put together. I need to do some vintage/thrift/antique shopping!

The picture below is hanging in our mudroom/entryway...


Our local library is having their annual book sale. Madelyn found some books...as did I! I didn't take an extra bag or anything...I just figured I would carry them in my arms....little did I know I would fine a whole treasure load of books! John Piper, Elisabeth Elliot, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, John MacArthur and more!



A few books I found for the boys...


I also got these fantastic gardening binders (for .75 each)!


I have always wanted to do more with my flower planting but was never sure what to put where, when the plant certain things etc. I am hoping these binders will help me!


 My sister and her girls are visiting today....so we are looking forward to spending some time with them! After a lot of rain yesterday, we will be enjoying sunny skies today too! I hope you have an enjoyable weekend ahead!

Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers & Pilgrims

6 comments:

  1. Nice post. Love you hang up and John Cash with Elvis where did you get that? What a treat! Must have been a great library sale. Our library has a dedicated room for folks to bring books, CDs, DVDs and such to. The staff then goes through and marks the price and shelves them. I often find goodies there and once a year there is a giant sale with lots of donated books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about hanging things on the walls when they have been freshly done. It can be a bit stressful! What an amazing find with all those wonderful books!! I love it when the Lord does things like that. It makes me smile to think that He orchestrates every detail of life...even a treasure trove of books at the thrift store! :) Happy Saturday to you! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found some incredible books! I will have to look some of them up. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing at our library book sale. Never take a box or bag! Your boys will love Rascal! It was such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! You got a lot of great books!! I may borrow some... eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy