Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"As the years pass...


...I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.” 

~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Simple things make me happy. While out hanging clothes on the line, the sun warm on my back, I thank the Lord for the sun and it's warmth. As I am mowing, that same sun makes me hot and then I praise God for the cool breeze that blows by or the shade under the trees where it is cooler to walk. 

When circumstances have me feeling melancholy (as I am struggling a bit with today), simply remembering God's goodness and the blessings He gives can revive my spirit a little. It can turn a heart of self-pity and sadness to one of gratitude ~ focusing on Him rather than myself (or the circumstances).



Our soul waits for the Lord;
    He is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in Him,
    because we trust in His holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us,
    even as we hope in You.
~Psalm 33:20-22


I have much to tend to today...but quickly, I wanted to share a few things. Pictured above and below are a couple of things I bought at a local sidewalk sale. I was able to purchase the table decoration above for only $10 and the "beautiful" jar below was only $2 (although you can't see that it says "beautiful" down the side in the photo, you can see it in real life). I always love to find ways to beautify my home inexpensively!


Outside, my hosta and other plants are growing beautifully (although, I admit, some serious weeding needs done)...




My day lilies have bloomed!


My mom got these beautiful begonias for in my log planter that Chris made me a few years ago...



And my porch is all a-bloom...although truly, it looks *much* prettier in person!


So...that's all I have for today. Some days I feel like I have so much I would like to share and then I sit down and go blank. I've got a lot swirling in this head of mine...too much, I think. I really haven't shared much in the form of "deep" thoughts in quite a while...but that's okay. If I feel the Lord leading me to share something, I will. :)

And just for anyone who made be interested I am having a sale in my shop (TheOrganizedPlanner). Use code: JUNE2016 for 25% off your order of $10+! I have reformatted some sticker sheets as well as added some *new* things! I use quality sticker paper and send them out *fast*! :)

I gotta run! This household won't run itself! ;)
Thank-you for visiting. I hope your day is lovely!
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: The WholeHearted Home & Strangers & Pilgrims

11 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your photos so much and I love your home! it seems simple but warm and inviting. That is what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeding and laundry are along the same lines... a never ending task! Once the rain moves out I need to tackle the weeds. I am trying hard to keep up on them this year. Your flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front porch is so pretty, Katy! What a blessing your are to your family...making a welcoming home for them all...so wonderful!! I love the quote from Laura Ingalls Wilder...so true! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the table decoration and jar, what a great deal! Lovely pictures (as usual).

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was weird. Clicked to comment and it took me to a page that said I was randomly selected for a prize??? I just navigated away from it! Anyway, love all the flowers on your porch and around. They look nice and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I can stay connected with you through your blog, Katy! I miss your smiling face and your sweet friendship!

    In Christ,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little peek into your world. What a great log planter! Thanks for sharing (Stopping by from the Art of Homemaking Mondays Blog Party)

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks lovely. The important thing is that it brings you joy!
    Ann
    https://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! I love Laura Ingalls quote. Your log planter is simply stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hollowed out tree trunk that you repurposed as a planter! That's really creative. You had asked about my dog. She is actually 7 years old, so that is all the bigger she will get. I think she weighs around 13 pounds. She is s Shorkie, a mix of Shitzu and Yorkie. She's a sweetheart and a great family dog.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy