Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Photos From Home & Resurrection Sunday!


With sunshine pouring in the windows and a tidy house...I thought it was a great time to snap some pictures! :) Here is our living room (soon to be a library when we move into the new living room in the addition!). The desk is there because it will be in the library/schoolroom once the living room furniture moves out. I was antsy to start moving things to wear they will belong!


Madelyn's beloved piano...


In the kitchen...





The flooring is finished in the new living room!


The entryway is done as well...we just need to finish the flooring in the laundry room, do the trim and we can move *in*! Chris will also have to hook up the plumbing before we can officially move the washer and dryer into the laundry room...but we are *almost there*!!!


My parents and sister's family came on Saturday for a Resurrection Day feast and fellowship. Eloise, Dinah and Audra loved the big room to run in...




After our meal (which I took no pictures of unfortunately...but it was delicious: my mom's BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, green beans *canned from my garden*, homemade applesauce and rolls) we took the girls outside for an egg hunt...





Audra with her daddy...


Eloise counting her eggs (she was so fast, by the time I looked up from taking pics of Audra and Dinah, she was finished!)...





I seriously love his face *swoon*...



Xavier and Chris...


There's something so sweet to me seeing my husband in his boots like that ~ all messy and untied!.... ;)


The girls were excited to get to play on the swing-set too (my children are too big for it now...so my nieces and nephews are the only reason we still keep it around!)...


Cory and my dad...



This one of Dinah is blurry but oh-so-cute...


Chris and X played a little one-on-one...



So, that is the excitement that's been happening around here lately! We have a lovely sunrise service at church followed by breakfast and our normal worship service. :) We also had supper Sunday evening with Chris's family. It was a *busy* weekend but definitely blessed as well.

We've been back to homeschooling, drama practices (Jaxson is a munchkin in our co-op's performance this year of The Wizard of Oz), housework, church etc. I am so, so excited to be able to share with you when we have the addition finished and we are moved in! It all seems like it is going in slow-motion now! I am trying ever so hard to be patient!!! :)

I hope your Resurrection Day was completely Christ-glorifying and joy-filled! For those who are interested in seeing photos of my planners/bullet journals...you can see them HERE. :) I still hope to do a post about it sometime...but for now, looking at photos from my instagram is your best bet. Have a great rest of the week.

Warmly,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. I love a tidy home. I tidied up this morning. Boy, did it need it! Your addition is really comming together. I know how anxious you must be to get everything arranged there and in the other rooms.

    Our family had an egg hunt on Sunday also. I told Chuck that some of the younger cousins (mid 20's) need to start having kids since the "older" cousins, like us, have kids that are about to outgrow the egg hunt!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy in IllinoisMarch 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM

    You have a lovely family, Katy, and a lovely home. Glad you had a wonderful Easter. We did here in Illinois too.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy this is a lovely post :) Beautiful photos, your children are growing so fast!! The new room looks lovely, cant wait to see the finished photo. God Bless x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy - The floor looks great! And it is something, how kiddos love to run around big empty rooms! Glad to hear that you had a great Easter. We had some lovely weather to enjoy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse into your home and your Resurrection Sunday.

    Everything looked warm and cozy and it looked like fun was had by all!

    Blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy