Saturday, March 12, 2016

It's That Time of Year Again!


It's here, it's here! Spring is here! Temperatures in the 60's, sunshine filled mornings, and our little homestead to tidy! My oh my, the leaves and little pieces of paper and  *stuff* that ends up in the yard in the winter is just awful! When putting paper in the outdoor wood stove sometimes little pieces escape and end up in the yard. Everything looks so gray...although I'm not a fan of that part of it, I still am quite ecstatic that spring has arrived! That means clean laundry drying out on the line, chickens running about, and more time spent outside breathing in that clean spring air!


Chickens in motion (that one was really moving...haha) ~



Xavier cleaned out the chicken coop...


Not a favorite chore...but one that must be done none-the-less...



Here is my official proof that spring has sprung! Look at this...


I love being able to open the windows in the house and let the breeze in!


I am getting anxious (in a good way)...our flooring should be delivered in a week or so! I am *so* ready to get it down and get everything put into its place! My broom, mop, and vacuum (as well as my cleaning supplies) will be put into the cleaning closet in the laundry room. The furniture in the old living room will get moved into the *new* living room and I will be able to get everything situated! I love to have everything tidy...so waiting to get things in their proper places is driving me a bit crazy (the Lord teaches me patience through it all). Chris put in the light switches, plugs and covers today. :)

The children slept over at my parents' house last night and were there to help my mom with things she needed to get done around her house. We cleaned the church last night and then dropped the children off on the way home. This morning, I taught spin class at 7am, came home to shower and have breakfast, finished our church worship guide for tomorrow, did the dishes, laundry and swept the floors (I've also made some more stickers for my SHOP). I have been fighting a bit of a headache so I took a nice nap this afternoon as well. Looking forward to enjoying a nice, relaxing evening tonight (Lord willing). The children are home and we may all relax together and pop in a movie.

Don't forget to spring ahead tonight! Turn those clocks ahead! :)

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks so much for dropping by!

Below is the bit of scripture my bible study has been memorizing (just a couple other ladies and myself enjoy this bible study together. We've studied the sovereignty of God, headcovering and have now been studying the book of 1 Peter!).

If you are interested in listening to some doctrinally sound, Christ exalting, gospel filled sermons...I highly recommend THIS one (there's a part 2 to this as well that you can click on) and THIS one!

Warmly,
Katy :)

 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
~ 1 Peter: 1:3-5

1 comment:

  1. Katy, this weather has been wonderful, hasn't it?! I am dreading cleaning out our animal buildings. I have three to clean out this year, and we use the deep manure process during the winter so it's always a fun, fun job to do! I am really trying to work on my attitude toward it! haha. I am trying to remember to be grateful for the animals we have. I know once I get out there and get started I'll be fine. It's the motivating myself to start part that is so hard!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy