Saturday, September 12, 2015

..::September Days::..


The days are filled with homeschooling, housework, spending time together, exercising, working on projects and more. It's a good-sort of full...but I must admit, when I can get a nap, I happily take one! :)


Madelyn is in 8th grade and basically teaches herself...coming to me when she has questions or concerns. My boys are in 6th and 4th and still rely on me a lot to teach them. They are slowly becoming more independent though. I like working with them, but it is good for them to learn how to do their work, check it, and recognize their mistakes.

Some of our work is on the computer and some is in book/workbook form.




 All of the children practice their instruments daily. X on the banjo, Jax on the guitar and Madelyn on the piano. They each do such a great job and are enjoyable to listen to!


Madelyn did a presentation for us. It was for her Spanish work but it could totally count for geography as well considering her topic was on Mexico and she learned many facts about it too!



Madelyn made breakfast for everyone! Xavier tried to sit in Daddy's seat....so Daddy made *him* into a seat!!!


Jaxson always seems to have a Lego creation with him...


My planner is pretty in pink for this coming week...


The days seem to be cooling off a bit, which is nice. It feels more like fall. Although, the weather says we may have some more 80* weather later in the week. That's okay though...helps us hold onto summer just a wee bit longer!

It rained all day today...making it impossible for the guys to work on the foundation or for us to get wood. I am anxious...hoping the foundation gets finished soon so we have enough time before the snow flies to get all our wood cut, split, and stacked. I feel like we are *so* behind and that can tend to make me feel nervous.

The Lord teaches me through all of this though and as I glean from His Word daily, I know it *will* get done and it will all work out. My husband is strong and a hard worker and always take care of us. He will get the wood cut and split and the children and I will work hard to get it stacked. The Lord will give us days to get it done....I am sure of it. As I pray and read His Word, I find my anxiety go down a bit and find my heart repenting for not being totally full of trust that the Lord always cares for us. He truly has always done so...we've had difficult days and times of trial...but He is always faithful. For that I am ever grateful. :)

We've had years of splitting and stacking in the freezing cold and that is much more difficult than getting it done in the nicer weather of summer and fall. Plus, then the wood is quite wet and makes it harder to burn (and stay going) which means more time spent out tending the wood stove in the icy-cold wind and snow. It is just my great hope to be able to have a few good Saturdays where Chris is feeling good (his back gives him trouble from time to time) and that we can all work to get the wood shed filled! :) Seeing it all stacked in there is such a beautiful sight when you know a cold, snowy winter is on the way!

Well, now that I have rambled on so, I must go. It's time to get ready for bed. I read a few chapters to the boys most nights from whatever chapter book we may be on at the moment. Right now, we are working through the Guardians of Ga'Hoole Series. We are in book 2. :) They are waiting for me so I best get moving! Thanks for visiting. I hope your Lord's Day is blessed as well as the week ahead!

Until next time, Lord willing,
Katy :o)

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

7 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, I wanted to thank you for an idea I got from you. A while back you posted about how you are organizing with file folder crates for your homeschool books and paperwork. It is working great for us. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chasity!! So glad that is working well for you guys as well! :)
      Thanks so much for reading here! Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello katy, all the children are getting so big. I know what you mean about the wood we are working on getting our supply cut split and stacked. We do have a tractor now which will help so much blessings to you my dear friend. Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joy of a filled wood shed! And the patience until it happens... Two years ago, we employed everyone to help fills our in a day, including my little niece who was 18 months old. One by one she took those little pieces in and eventually we finished our job! :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cease striving, but do the work, the wood will rise, as will your gratitude!
    I have to remind myself to cease striving on many issues, it amounts to fretting for me. I'm still very much a work in progress. I can quote or write things, but oh the work, I still need much to do, smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see what you do at home school and to see the children working.
    Enjoy the rest of the day, we have lovely sunshine here.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're in full homeschooling mode. We are easing into it. This week will be the first of a full week of homeschooling. I love having the summer break, but it is nice to get back into a routine, too. Great pics! We have to get more wood, too, soon. Love having a wood stove. Saves so much money!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy