Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Small Tale of Woe


All the corn we planted in our large garden (that we thought would do so well) ended up stunted. Some of the plants produced basically nothing (most only growing shorter than me...and I'm not very tall!) and others produced a little. Above I have pictured some of the ears we got...a bit on the smaller side but not too bad. Now please turn your attention to the picture below...We got many of these itty bitty ears of corn...


It is a bit disappointing that we don't have much to freeze but we *are* thankful for what we did get. And what *did* grow does taste really good! :) That's a plus!

I have to tell you what happened this morning...I had to teach spin at 9am. My sister (and her girls) and a sister in Christ (and her girls) were all coming to visit today and so I thought I would pick some of our itty bitty corn to have for lunch with everyone here. I left at 8am so I would have plenty of time to pick what I needed and get to spin on time. I am *glad* I did...when I got there...my father-in-love's bull was in our corn eating! ACK! I ran after the cow (while calling my FIL to let him know a cow was out of the pasture and *in the corn*!!). I shooed the cow out of the corn and kept shooing it away. I was not happy with Mr. Cow. My FIL showed up and I chased the cow back into the pasture.
Then I was able to pick some corn (I was in flip-flops...so my feet were wet, muddy and dirty by now!) I bet it was a sight to see! Later, after I got home from spin and told my children what had happened, they thought I was crazy! Xavier said, "Mom! It's a bull....it could charge you!"  Oops! I guess it's a good thing I hadn't thought of that then...I bet the bull could sense I wasn't scared of it (but if I had known it may charge me...I would have been scared!) and so it listened to me. It was *quite* a morning I tell you! :)


Like I said previously, my sister and her girls came to visit today (as well as a friend with her little girls) and we all had a nice time visiting and letting the children play. The only negative was the heat. It was quite warm and sticky...even with the ceiling fans on. Madelyn made homemade pizza for lunch and I made the corn as well. Everyone ate well and had a great time of fellowship.

I am back to being strict with my eating again and the pounds are coming off. I made these stickers (below) to keep track of when I log into myfitnesspal.com (where I keep track of my food and exercise intake). I have those stickers in my shop too, if anyone else is interested in doing the same thing. I *have* to measure my foods and be very conscientious of what I am eating. Otherwise I can be gluttonous and end up gaining weight (or staying the same weight...which I am not happy with either). I feel that the Lord is not pleased with gluttonous behavior either and if I am seeking to please Him in all my life...my eating should be included. :)



Don't worry...I won't always be plugging my shop in my posts. But it is such fun to share when I have some cute stickers to show! I am loving these laundry stickers! They are such a fun way to keep track of days that it needs done...


So, that about sums up what has been going on here (along with schooling, homekeeping chores etc.). Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you are well and that you will, along with me, continue to pray with me for the unsaved...and this world that is just so lost. Share the gospel and always keep your eyes focused on Him. I'm reading a book called A Godward Heart: Treasuring the God Who Loves You by John Piper. I highly recommend it....Piper really helps you to set your focus on Christ in this upside down world!

It's cooling down outside and there is a lovely breeze blowing. We have windows open and it is glorious. A storm is around us...not sure if it will hit us or just miss us...but either way, the cooler temps are very welcome here! :)

Again, thanks for dropping by! It's always great to hear from you! Have a lovely rest of the week!
In Christ,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had been gaining some of your weight back. You always seem like you do so good resisting the temptations! The corn around us is like that in some spots. They are kind of cute! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn! :) I only gained a little back...but it still made me feel *blah*...plus, I haven't hit my goal yet....so onward I go! :D Have a great weekend!!! :)

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy