Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Around About at Home

Just a bit from around here...


Occasionally, I do some rearranging to suit different needs we have. So now, the printer is being held by my treadle machine. A mix of the old and the new! :)


We have been having such beautiful weather here lately....lots of sunshine, warmth and a bit of a breeze!



I just love trees...they create such nice places of shade in the heat of the day...


Hosta, hosta! Love my hosta...


The Stella-nator...love her!


A new chair I found at a garage sale...


 Stella loves this chair....she lays in it *all* the time!



And finally...a little excitement for me (I love, love, love organizational things and planners...always have!). I had used my filofax planner for well over a year. As an early birthday gift, my husband let me order an Erin Condren Life Planner!


I was so, so excited when it arrived!


I have been using it for a week or so now and am really enjoying it!


It even came with these free markers (that don't bleed through the pages!)...


They have a lot of different styles of planners. I would love that if you order anything, you would order using my link! :) You get $10 off your first order with them!

So that is just a few photos from around here lately. The children and I began our homeschool year yesterday. Today is day two. All is going well so far. I've also been picking and canning *lots* of green beans from the garden.

Hope your week is going well! Thanks for stopping by!
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up to: A Wise Woman Builds her Home

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your chair! I just want to literally squeal with excitement when I find pieces like that at yard sales or thrift stores! Your new planner looks cute. I'm not very good at keeping up with a planner. I always have good intentions, but I have come to realize that they are pretty much a waste of money for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber! :) I appreciate you coming by!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katy. Hope this school year goes smoothly for you and your children. The cat is adorable and your new chair is a great find. Glad you are enjoying your planner. Thank you for sharing and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan and thank you for coming by!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I just love your blog. Your home seems so homey and comfortable. I love being a homemaker, it brings me so much joy and peace in me and my families lives. I feel very blessed. What kind of beans did you grow this year? Mine have not produced very well, all the rain and cool temps we had early on are the culprit, I think. It seems that you and your children have this homeschooling thing down pretty well. How many hours does it require everyday? Thanks and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn :) We just grew bush green beans. Thankfully, despite all the rain we got previously, ours have done wonderfully! Our large garden is on a little incline....so it may have helped water to run down a little more...? I am not sure though.

      This is our 8th year of homeschooling so we have a nice rhythm (although our days aren't always perfect!). You can measure your hours or your days. In PA, we have to have 180 days and that is how I normally measure their schooling. There is no minimum of hours for the days. We spend 2-4 hrs on schooling usually. Now, that's *book* learning...but my children do *many* things to learn in "real life" ways :) Xavier has done welding, Madelyn often works at my in-love's meat market...weighing meat/making change etc. Jaxson is my artsy fartsy kiddo and is constantly drawing, building and such. :)
      If we did hours, you have to have at least 990 or so, I think. :)

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. This is my last year homeschooling. A bit bittersweet :(. Planners work well when you really use them. So glad that you have found one that works for you :0)

    You don't use your treadle? I used mine for quite awhile but now with so much pain visiting my body, I have closed it and sew with my old electrical :0)

    Have a blessed week. ....

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Katy ... I just happened upon your sweet little space and so enjoy it. I look forward to spending my quiet time this afternoon browsing through your past postings. Sweetest Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing glimpses in to your beautiful home. Your sewing machine is lovely & the colourful star shining in the sun.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my katy do I love your new planner. I'm going to suggest to roger that he could let me purchase one for my birthday too. What was the total with shipping if you don't mind me asking. Thanks blessings joann :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are always so peaceful and inspiring!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to repurpose things and move things around in our home as well. Your home looks lovely and warm and welcoming. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, I like your treadle machine. You garden looks beautiful especially the hosta.. The planner is super helpful

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy