Friday, February 27, 2015

Knitting: Finished Projects

With this amount of snow and below-freezing temps we have been experiencing, the *best* thing to do with any free time is to get some knitting projects done (as I find that when the weather is nice, I don't knit near as much). 

I knit this hat with two strands of yarn....one blue strand and one purple. I love how it turned out. The yarn was thinner so the two strands together helped bulk the hat up. I made this as a gift for a friend's little girl...




I whipped this zig-zag dish cloth up in a couple days....


A baby boy hat for a family member's upcoming baby shower (I also used two strands of yarn to knit this up)...



A chicken sweater I knit (my first ever....it wasn't a difficult knit really....but the pattern I used wasn't really clear so I had to tear some stitches out a few times)...


What projects have you been working on lately? Any great knitting patterns you are interested to share with me? :)

Have a great weekend!
Cheerfully,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Love those hats! The colors mixed look great! The chicken sweater is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! :) I have been on a knitting kick too, but only dishcloths. With spring around the corner, I know my knitting days are limited for now, so I have been working on small easy projects. I'm also midway through an embroidered baby quilt top for my new niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see the chicken wearing the sweater. That is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katy,

    Is the chicken sweater actually for a chicken or is it just called that and used for something else?
    Love your knitting projects. I've always wanted to learn how to knit but have only learned some basic crochet.
    In two weeks I will begin my indoor seedlings ... always a nice way to prepare for warmer weather.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I really enjoy knitting, too, but haven't been able to in a while--I'm hoping to start up again in the near future, the Lord willing. I loved seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we've both been busy knitting! It's been a good winter for it! A chicken sweater?! I've got to see that on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see the chicken wearing the sweater too. These are all really nice. I like the "baby head" you have to model the hats.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy