Thursday, February 26, 2015

Photos: Simple Happenings

Just a few photos of what has been going on in our neck of the woods lately...

Egg salad, made from fresh eggs from our chickens (they are laying pretty well for these cold temps! We just have to collect the eggs before they freeze!)...


Jaxson reading "Swiss Family Robinson" to Daddy (He has finished that book now and is now reading "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with me)...



Xavier is reading "Peter Pan"...


Madelyn made homemade applesauce all on her own...



I didn't eat any (since I don't eat sugar) but the rest of the family said it tasted great! Madelyn was over-joyed!


An evening of banjo practicing and chess playing (notice Madelyn is multi-tasking....knitting while she plays chess!! haha! That's my girl!)...




Snickerdoodle cookies...


Ruthie (isn't she the sweetest?)...


Chris, when he has time, has been working on putting up the insulation in the addition...



Washing oil lamp globes...



I've been schooling the children, deep cleaning some areas, organizing, doing normal housework, teaching spin, knitting (which I will share projects from in my next post), babysitting, and attending our homeschool co-op. I am soooo looking forward to spring weather! I hope it arrives sooooon!

What have you been up to lately?

Thanks for dropping by!!

Kindly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Did Mad put sugar in the applesauce? I always make it with nothing but apples. Wasn't sure if you meant you don't eat it because of the added sugar... or natural (or perhaps both!)? How's X like Peter Pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to peek into your *everyday* happenings! You don't eat sugar??!! Good for you!!! I so need to cut back...I have a terrible sweet tooth. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you seem to have so much joy and contentment in the little, everyday things of life. I try to practice that as well. I also love how you brighten up your daily things with hand knits! ;) Your knitted washcloth is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired just reading this. You put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy