Monday, November 23, 2009

Thoughts

The end of Autumn is nearing...most trees are almost bare, leaves cover the ground, the sun sets earlier and there is quite a nip in the air. Our outdoor cat, Jack, is preparing for the cold as he thickens up his body's furry coat. My kiddos play outside as much as they can while the weather still permits....although preparations to play outside takes longer than it did in the summer. :) Autumn weather calls for coats and hats...and on some days...even gloves! ;)

The *girls* are doing well...
Eat. Sleep. Repeat. :)




Nothing like yummy puddle water to wet the throat.....



We are keeping busy with schooling, housework, church activities and family gatherings. :) I also had a Thirty-One party on Friday night. My friend just started selling the stuff and I offered to host a party for her. I love having a reason to get together with friends! We had such a fun time laughing and talking! It was a carb-a-hoilcs dream at my house that day! I made homemade rolls, homemade bread, and homemade peanut butter cookies...and also had chips out too. ;)

**I haven't closed my party yet...and if you are interested in getting anything...I will be happy to explain how it works to get it on my party! :) Just let me know! :)

Also...I know that a lot of people don't like to get involved in politics. However, a lot is going on with our country and as Americans...we have a *responsibility* to know what is going on around us. The debt our government is putting us into is in the trillions!
We (the govt) are spending money we (as a country) don't have! We borrow from China....which is not a good thing. They are printing money and the more money in circulation causes inflation. Your share of this debt is almost $40,000. My share is the same. Each citizen's share of the debt is that.
The only way for them to work at paying this debt is higher taxes....plus with the inflation happening...this is just not a good combination. I ask...each of you who reads this and is a U.S. citizen...please, look at what the government is doing. It *does* affect you. It *does* affect your children...and grandchildren.
HERE is a place you can go and find the right people to contact that represent your state/area. I could even go into all the things about healthcare....but instead...I will just recommend that you watch Glenn Beck or listen to his radio show online (10am EST). He does his homework. He knows what is going on...and we, the people, *need* to save our country!

Read the following quotes (emphasis in the quotes are mine) from one of our founders, Thomas Jefferson....and see how they apply! :)

"[It is] the people, to whom all authority belongs." --Thomas Jefferson

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."--Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever our affairs go obviously wrong, the good sense of the people will interpose and set them to rights." --Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." --Thomas Jefferson

"When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality." --Thomas Jefferson

14 comments:

  1. What lovely autumn scenes, thanks for sharing them and I agree it is very SCARY the things going on in the government! My son will graduate next spring and wants to join the army...not sure which of the two I'm more scared about!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your home?! It's darling! I want to borrow it - may I? :o)

    Your comment...

    """we have a *responsibility* to know what is going on around us."""

    is **right on**! TOOOOO often we (as a general term) lend an apathetic ear. There are really difficult times brewing and if we don't get in gear now . . . I shudder to think.

    Thank you for sharing. :o)

    jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link you may like:

    http://webutante07.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-warning-for-us-treasury-and-all.html

    jAne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and photos! Happy Thanksgiving Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of your home. Looks so pretty the way the light is catching it.

    I am also very concered about where our country is heading. I am not able to catch Glen Beck since he moved to Fox. It is the time slot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, Happy Thanksgiving!

    Secondly, the government wants all of people to keep paying more with raising taxes while they continue to have health coverage paid by all working people. You never see anyone in government taking a pay cut. they also need to take a course on Budgeting 101. If we all have to budget to survive, why can they not get it together and watch what they are doing with our money. The future of this country is bleak....with other countries lending the US money...and the economy the way it is....our children have a sad future with the country. let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

    Take care

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT post!! I too like Glen Beck, just don't always get a chance to watch him. I've read a lot of his books though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love your home!

    It is scary, and we had all better get our priorities straight!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean, Katy. It IS scary!
    The chickens are so fun! I love the photos!
    God bless you today, sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy,

    It's good to see how passionate you are about what is going on with our government. I hope the sleeping giant wakes up. You might want to check out www.manhattandeclaration.org. I heard about this on Focus on Family today.

    Take care,
    Tina
    www.peacefulviewacres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you on the politics stuff. Hubby and I were just discussing that this evening. I try to only buy made in USA. It is so hard to find, unless it's made by ME! We support local businesses as much as possible. I may pay a bit more, but I know my money is going into my community.
    It's so important to talk about this and raise awareness. Too many people are walking around in a fog, blindly following what ever the government says with out question. The government is not GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pics Katydid.
    Thanks for the reminder to get plugged into what is really going on in our country. I'm guilty of looking thee other way alot of times and need to become more aware.

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Holykisses xoxo
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." This is so true! applies all over the world.
    Lovely picture of your home!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy