Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am so thankful for.....

...my sweet, humble home. It is unfinished...but it is my family's cozy place of comfort and joy. Love abides within the walls of my house and *that* is more important than whether the siding is finished or the rooms are redone. :) (Although I do look forward to finishing those projects one by one!)......

....sweet smiles from my children.....


....a strong husband who works hard to heat our home....


....the ability to hang laundry on the line to dry....


...our *girls*.....


...and their contribution to the family.....


...fresh produce from the garden....


....love between siblings.....


...sweet sleeping babies.....


...watching my husband read to our children....


Oh....how the list could go on of all the blessings I am truly thankful for each and every day. Life is not always perfect...but I am so glad that *God* is! He is full of blessings ready to pour down on those who love Him. I was reading Psalm 84 the other morning and thanking God for His goodness and help in my life. Here is just a snippet from that chapter (emphasis is mine).....
(vs. 1-2)
How lovely is Your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty!

My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

(vs. 10-11)

Better is one day in Your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

For He is truly the source of every single thing we could ever be thankful for. I pray that no matter what your circumstances...that you are able to remember the blessings around you. Count each one. Name each one....no matter how big or how small. :)

And....let me encourage you to try to be a blessing to someone else....it doesn't take much to make another person's day. A smile, a listening ear, a hug, doing something anonymously etc....there are lots of ways to make a difference in another person's life. And for this Christmas season that is coming....have you ever heard of the Christmas Jars movement? You should check it out....a great and easy way to help others!!!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39

10 comments:

  1. This was such a beautiful post, Miss Katy! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving today!
    Hugs,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    Such a lovely post as always, I enjoy reading each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post Katy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for the same! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! PS I appreciate your comment on my blog the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you.
    Your house looks safe and true.
    Your children exude happiness.
    Your heart is close to the King.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your country home filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,

    This is a nice post I really enjoyed it.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely...
    have a great Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy, just found your lovely blog and will return for more soon. Seasons greeting to you and your family... Rina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy