Monday, November 9, 2009

Celebrating My Mom's Life!

My mom turns 50 years young today!!! :) The time seems to fly by! I seriously remember when she was in her 30's! (Which would have made me a preteen or teen!) Sometimes I still have to just stop and take a second to realize that I am almost 30 and that life just keeps on going!

I should have taken a close up picture of it...but if you look in the pic above..behind Xavier on the bench is a sign the kids made her! It was super cute and I *wish* I would have a picture to share of it! I don't know why I *wasn't* thinking! Also in the picture above...you can see the cake my sister made! She did it all free hand! Isn't it fantastic? I loved it! The boys had fun putting the candles on!

Some family came over to celebrate with us....notice my mom's sister sitting next to my mom? *Can you tell...they look so much alike although they don't think so!*...


Because there was so many of us...we had to set up another table in the dining room. We all had a really nice time being together and celebrating 50 years of my mom's life! :)

And then there's Miss Madelyn...knitting away at the table while everyone talks....


Below is my dad with Ruthie. She adores him....*maybe even more than she loves me! ACK!*...all animals love my dad. I seriously think he is kind of like a Dr. Doolittle. He just has this knack about him and animals just *love* him! :)


Cory, my sister's husband, and Chris (making a super silly face...he looks as though he is in pain..? Hmm..?) relaxing in the living room...letting their lasagna, salad and garlic bread digest! ;)

Lots of laughter and smiles filled my home Saturday night. I hope my mom enjoyed herself. She is such a wonderful mom. She bends over backwards to be helpful and thoughtful for others...especially my sister and me....and she never asks for anything in return. I am truly thankful for her. I am also thankful for her friendship. My mom has always been one of my best friends...but always a mother first and foremost. I completely trust her and am so grateful that God gave me a mother who loves me as much as my mom does. I know not everyone has that in their lives....and I will never take it for granted.

Happy Birthday Mom!
I love you!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I have a relationship like that with my mom, so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic cake!
    You are very lucky to have the relationship with your mom .... if only all could be like that.
    Glad you all enjoyed the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday to your mother. she's a beautiful lady and you have such a lovely family.. love and family are all that matters on this earth.. blessings to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it! You made the party look like fun. I can't get over on how grow up Maddy look. Happy Belated Birthday to your mom!! ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun, and, yes, your mom and your sister really do look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your precious Mom! Enjoy every minute of time you have with her.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had such a relationship with my sweet darling mother too....we were like sisters....she has passed on now and I miss her like crazy but have many happy memories.......what a blessing your family is, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your Momma. Maddy looks so cute knitting at the table with grown ups. The cake turned out soooooo well. Awesome.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Katy,
    Hearing your heart for your Mother, touched my heart. I admire the words you chose to say,that you are close friends with you Mom and she is a mother first, that is a wonderful thing for any age daughter to love and be thankful for.I have a teen daughter that like you and your mother had my daughter when I was young. I smiled holding back tears as I looked at Madeline crocheting (like Momma) Tell her that is more unique that she realizes (since she she mamma doing it) and is a wonderful thing to learn. I wish you were near me Katy to help me. I have tried so hard just to make some simple circle coasters for my Thanksgiving table but to no avail I make mini hats!!! HA! Sending smiles and joining in in the joy at your home. Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy