Thursday, October 12, 2017

Home Joys



It has been a warm autumn! Except the changing leaves it has still felt very much like summer here in Pennsylvania. It's been lovely...although I have been looking forward to the cooler temperatures. That little sweet sting in the air when you step outside without a sweater...crisp and chilly. I love to be able to snuggle up in the fall and we really haven't gotten there yet. We've been stacking wood for the winter in the shed....sweating and feeling like it's still August! 

We have really needed rain and the Lord has provided that for us this week! It is such a blessing (although I feel like I could sleep all day when it is so gray and rainy outside!). The temperatures are now getting down into the 60's...it's starting to feel like fall! :) 


Rainy days encourage lots of burning candles (with glorious fall scents). I've been enjoying pumpkin spice, apple, and leaf scents!


I found a fantastic slow cooker recipe book at Ollie's not long ago. I have been making many crock pot meals lately! It's been great! I have found new recipes that we have enjoyed and letting them cook through the day in the crock pot makes it easy (and the smells permeating the air are just wonderful!).


Mickey has been doing really well. He is so spunky and fun....and yet, such a great cuddler. He loves people and is definitely a lap dog! Anytime I sit down in the living room, I have a buddy!




Jaxson saved up his own money and purchased an electric guitar! He has been taking lessons for years on his acoustic guitar. He was so excited to get this guitar though!


We enjoyed an evening of music from the boys!


Photo-bomb...


He's been practicing and playing it well. I was worried it would be super loud and obnoxious....but he keeps the volume low and enjoys playing!


Madelyn and Mickey...




In the kitchen...


Supper the other evening... Honey Mustard Chicken (made in the crock pot) with onions, mashed potatoes, corn, peas and applesauce (made by Madelyn)...


If you are interested in getting the cookbook that I bought (you can check Ollie's first if you have one near you....that's where I got it inexpensively) you can find it HERE. Below is a closer picture of the honey mustard chicken (with onions)...


Days have been filled with homeschooling, housework, and getting/stacking wood in the wood shed for the winter! I have to go fold (and put away) a couple loads of laundry and get school planning done for the week ahead so I can go visit my sister and her children tomorrow! Normally, I plan on Fridays...but if I get it done today I will be able to go see them. I haven't seen them in *weeks*!! It's awful! I miss them terribly and can't wait to see them! :o) My nephew is 3 months old already! I look forward to snuggling him!

Thank you for coming by! Here are some glorious words of wisdom from John Piper for you to chew on before you leave:

“Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” 

Warmly,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post...I really enjoy reading, and feel the same on the rainy day front! That dinner looked delicious, and your table so homey. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet lady. I love the smells in the fall. I hav emy pumpkin candle going right now and there is a mixture of fresh bake muffins in the air as well. Yummy. I love the music love going on in you home. How awesome that your son worked for something and got the reward of hard work. It is not feeling like fall at all here. It is 90 degrees. But I am making the most of it inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was so warm and inviting, I also enjoy using my crockpot for meals. Making applesauce is one of my favorite things to do in fall!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...we finally saw the rain here in Pennsylvania!
    And it was cozy.
    I too enjoy those very same scents, as well as dinner in the crock pot.
    Have a lovely weekend visiting with your loved ones. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candles, crock pot meals, getting the wood in for winter, all sounds like life around here.
    Be blessed and enjoy your kids. Mine grew too fast.
    Hugs,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the name of the crockpot cookbook. We love cooking with crockpots. I enjoyed reading your post. My husband loved music. Almost every time he sat down, he would pick up some musical instrument to be playing. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy