Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Porch Progress & Spring Flowers


Chris has been working so hard on the back porch! It is really looking fantastic! I am loving it! :)


Xavier has been a great helper! Hearing Chris teach him things and watch them work together is such a blessing!



Our Brother-in-Love (Chris's best buddy....other than me of course!) has been helping when he has time too!


Both of my raised beds are planted and I have been weeding them daily! I really want to keep up with it so it doesn't get out of control!


Cash is enjoying the sunshine...



I love planting flowers and trying to make things beautiful around my home...




 Madelyn and I worked the other day at clearing out leaves and putting rocks around the rhododendron. (I had cut the rhododendron back and it ended up looking just terrible...so we tried to trim things and make it more tree-like. It looks a little better I think!




I placed rocks around this tree as well. I may plant hosta or something in here...



It's been raining a lot here in PA. I've been trying to get mowing in when I can to keep the yard looking neat! I think we are expecting more rain this evening so I need to finish the mowing I started yesterday afternoon (I push-mow our whole lawn so it takes me a while). I've been doing some re-organizing inside my house as well. It feels so good to have things neat and tidy. :)

I hope you are enjoying your week!
Until next time, Lord willing,
Katy :o)

9 comments:

  1. Your house is so pretty! I love older houses and your front porch is so welcoming. It gives me ideas for things to do at my house. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new porch is going to be so wonderful!
    An added extension to the outdoors!
    Very happy for you all.
    So great you have help to build it!
    Your flowers are just beautiful.
    I love the color on the lily!
    Thank you for sharing.
    I feel like I went on a garden tour, a lovely afternoon blessing to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the porch is going to be so nice! I am a bit jelous LOL Your yard is really very nice and you make it looks so cute with all your flowers and flower pots. Yes, we have also had so much rain ourselves! But it is so green here and I will take that any day over drought conditions! Have a great weekend, can't wait to see the finished porch!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures!
    Building a porch and building memories.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!
    Building a porch & building memories.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so welcoming! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy!
    Because of all the work we've also been doing around our house, my blog reading has suffered! :)
    Your porch is becoming beautiful! And combined with all of those flowers and trees... It's a haven! Oh, and your dog Cash: CUTE!
    Have a wonderful week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's coming along! Your yard is lovely. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy