Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like"...


"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine..."

~Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden


 Spring is here and I've hardly had the chance to enjoy it as I was terribly sick from last Wednesday through this past Sunday. I felt as if I was never going to be back-to-good again. It started, as I said, Wednesday later morning, early afternoon. I had an eye appointment early in the morning and was fine and chipper. When I got home I noticed I felt a bit odd and went up for a nap instead of eating lunch. When I woke I tried to eat a bit of something...swallowed one bite and then realized I just couldn't eat anything at all. I went back up to bed.....tossing and turning and gradually feeling sicker and sicker in my stomach. I would lay down.....then feel so sick...so I would sit up and then lay back down again. There was just no comfort.

Sparing you all the yucky details...I definitely had the stomach bug of some sort (although graciously, the Lord has kept the rest of my family from getting it!). It took me *days* to eat. I drank some but was pretty dehydrated as well. I just felt so ill and my skin hurt....body aches and just all around *blah*. As you can see in my planner pages that I posted above and below...they are pretty bare. (I even had to miss our homeschoo co-op's performance night where X and Madelyn were square dancing with others! My mom video'd it for me but I still haven't gotten to watch it yet. I was so disappointed to miss it!)


Sunday afternoon/evening I started really feeling better thankfully! And as you can see below, my days are back to normal with eating and chores! (Although Monday's Bible reading didn't get done....as I was playing catch up with everything all day then hit the hay that night....I did read my Bible Tuesday...but just hadn't marked it in my daily habits yet. I try to consistently be in the Word...)


Supper last evening...



And here are just a few photos that I had previously forgotten to post (from the past two or three weeks!) and definitely want to share!


These beauties came to visit one day a few weeks ago! :o) We always love when they come to visit at Aunt TiTi's! Audra smiling for me...


Madelyn was on a cookie-making kick a couple weeks ago. She made these snickerdoodles and also chocolate chip cookies (that I see I didn't get a photo of)...


Jaxson enjoys baking as well....so my mom gave him an "easy apple dumplings" recipe and he made them one day. Everyone seemed to enjoy them (which made Jax proud)! :)



So there we have it. A "where I have been" post as well as some "catch-me-up" photos. I am just so thankful to be feeling better and getting back to the routine. The weather has been quite lovely (with some rain at times....but that's all part of spring!). I was even able to get outside and mow some yesterday! It felt really good! :o)

I hope your week has been going well. I hope you are looking forward to Resurrection Day coming up on Sunday! What a joyful celebration it will be! :o) My favorite time of the year! Thank you for visiting me here and for your patience...since I know it's been quite a while since I last posted!

Cheerfully,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Dear Katie, glad you are feeling better, take your time to re-charge your batteries. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I am glad to hear that you are finally on the mend. I saw on your Instagram post that you were sick and I have been praying for you. It is never fun when mom is sick, and I always feel like it takes me forever to get caught back up when I am sick. All the food looks great! I love that your kids bake, that's a useful skill and oh my the apple dessert...tell me you had it with vanilla ice cream? Would you mind sharing the recipe, if you are up to it and have time, of course. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy. So glad to see you are feeling better and getting back into your usual routine. The kiddo's baked goods look absolutely delicious. After looking at those photos I am now craving something sweet to eat ... hee!hee!
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you are feeling better. Your babies looks so cute sitting around the table all smiles. And WTG Jax! that bread dumpling looks so yummy. Do you think he would share the recipe with us? : )

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy