Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Wet & Rainy Day in October


Today it rained. Actually...it didn't just *rain*, it poured! The skies were gray and I was quite grateful to spend most of the day indoors. I didn't exercise today and although I have some guilt about it, I'm not getting too worked up over it! Jaxson was up and working on his math work bright and early this morning. He had the living room feeling cozy with the crackling *pretend* fireplace on and the warm lights on the tree! (The bed in front of the TV center is Cash (the dog)'s bed area!)

The only time I had to leave the house today was when Madelyn and I went to visit a sister in Christ. It was a time for encouragement and fellowship. She is a busy, young mama of young children plus their sweet family is fostering two children! Although she is a decade younger than me...and I was there to mentor *her*, I am encouraged greatly to watch her train and disciple her children all to the glory of the Lord. She is leaps and bounds ahead of where I was in my walk with Christ at that age! What a blessing!

I feel as if somehow the day got away from me today. I *did* do my devotions, checked schoolwork, folded clothes and made supper. I did some other housework too...but I didn't do *a lot*...I think days like this (cloudy, rainy and dreary) can just make it so hard to have a *get up and go* sort of spirit. They make me want to snuggle down in an afghan with a good book or movie! I am feeling quite *blah* with myself! Ever have those sort of days?

The devotions I am doing are from the Behold Your God study. I may have mentioned it in a previous post but I don't remember completely. It is a great study. Every other week Madelyn and I meet with a group of other ladies to watch the video sermons and have discussion and fellowship. The time in between we spend doing daily devotions and learning how to truly stand in awe of God. It's a time to fall at His feet and learn how to truly focus on HIM and not ourselves. The study is all about Him...and not about us! HERE is a review Tim Challies did on it (plus a video clip)!

The Lord is teaching me much lately...I feel like most of it is that I make way too much of myself and not enough about Him. I am striving to change this as I desire to be completely pleasing to Him! I want to be selfless and put the needs of others above my own. Sure, I do that sometimes...but I don't do it ALL the time. I can be lazy or complacent. I can be selfish and impatient. It's sad....but true. Along with my prayer, devotions and reading in my Bible I have also brought out my book: IF by Amy Carmichael. (I actually purchased another one of these and took it to my sister in Christ/friend today too. I pray it encourages her as much as it does me!) Oh, it is gloriously convicting and gives me much to chew on through the day! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It's just snippets of sayings...not chapters to read so you can read it alongside your Bible or whatever other devotions your doing without problem!

It's getting late and I need to head to bed. Jaxson just asked if he could lay beside me in my bed and read for a bit. Sweet days with my littles (who aren't so little anymore). Xavier will probably want to follow suit and want to lay in bed with us too. I still read to them when we aren't all sleepy at bedtime. They *ask* to be read to...which I love as I know these days won't last forever. We read chapter books and it's such a sweet time. We always invite Madelyn to join us but she is usually engrossed in her own chapter book so she passes on the invitation and retreats to her own room to read. :)

Before I go, I just wanted to let you know (in case you are interested) I did another video. This one is a *plan with me* in my bullet journal where I actually show you how I write out my days. You can view it HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! I am always grateful for your comments and emails! It's such a blessing to make friends from all around the world while sitting in the coziness of my own home! :o) Have a wonderful rest of your week!!!

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Katy, I need to know about that pretend fireplace! How does that work? It's ok if you have a slow day! You always work so hard!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs G! :) The pretend fireplace is just a "show" on Netflix. It shows a roaring, crackling fire for an hour! :)

      Delete
  2. Katy, don't feel guilty for resting a bit more some days than others. You do a lot more than you perceive on those days when you feel like you don't get much done. Look at the time you're able to spend with your sweet daughter! That's pouring yourself in to the future and it is truly priceless! :)

    Much love,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this comment section but I had already sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! I definitely have had seasons of *blah* days, too. Hang in there...the Lord is faithful and never leaves His own. I have found that taking B Complex vitamins as well as Vitamin D in the winter months helps even out moods....perhaps it will be the boost you need? Some things really are physiological...just a little something that I've discovered over the years. Hugs to you! Camille xo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy