Wednesday, October 12, 2016

These October Days...


The sun is shining brightly through the windows. These days of autumn are my favorite. The smells in the air, the beautifully colored leaves, and cooler temperatures just make everything so enjoyable! Right at this very moment I am wrapped in a fall colored fleece blanket. We haven't started up our wood stove yet so it's a bit chilly in here! It's suppose to warm up a little later and I hope to take the children's "school" pictures outside this afternoon! The gorgeous leaves in the background make for stunning pictures!




This guy (below) has been battling a bit of a cough. Thankfully, no one else has seemed to pick it up yet. He's not overly miserable...but coughing is never fun. I am grateful for cough medicine...especially the night time formula. It helps him sleep so much better! It always makes me cringe to hear any of my children coughing through the night....knowing that they're not sleeping well makes me so sad. When Jax takes this nighttime cough medicine though I don't hear him cough at all. I was actually so surprised not to hear him cough the other night that I went to check that he was breathing! I did that when the children were babies....always nervous that something would happen to them in their sleep. It still came naturally to do it for my 10 year old. I placed my hand along his back and felt relief when I felt him breathing...


My sister and her girls visited one day last week. We met at my mom's house...


Above, Audra was putting stickers all over her face. It was quite funny! Madelyn and Dinah were playing too...


 Tickles for Dinah...


 Eloise and Dinah (with their best buddy Jaxson) and Audra...


On our way up to see Grammie's horses...



Notice how Madelyn's hair is braided below? Eloise did that! Five years old and she does a great job braiding!




Tree climbing (Xavier would be the whole way at the top if he had been with us. He was at my dad's garage working when the pictures were taken)...


I thought this picture was just so sweet...


I was there too...although always *behind* the camera. Here's proof I was there...haha (isn't the color of my shirt so pretty!?)...


Now it was time to *ride* the horses!


Eloise...



Dinah (with my mom in the background)...



 Audra...



And all three of my beautiful nieces riding Jasper, the pony...


The children are working on their schoolwork...I need to go check on things and get some housework done! As always, thanks so much for dropping by! I hope you are enjoying these God-given days of October! Have a great rest of the week!

Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Fall day, to me! Lovely pictures and lovely children! Thanks for sharing.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy you have in your life now! So glad for you.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photos of your family, Katy. Sorry your young man has had a cough...not fun! I do hope the rest of you don't get it. I love the fall time of year as well...the sunny, crisp days are best. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening, Katy,

    Looks like a lovely day with your family. I can so relate to checking on sick children. I still check in on mine (youngest are 17 & 14) if they are ill. Praying your little guy heals up quickly.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are their riding helmets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were led around a ring slowly...on a pony. Riding helmets weren't necessary.

      Delete
  6. If I thought it necessary, I would have made them wear helmets. As it was, they were going very slow. No biggie. Sincerely, their mother

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy