Wednesday, September 20, 2017

"Let me never be ashamed...


...of the truth of the gospel, 
that I may bear its reproach, vindicate it, see Jesus as its essence, 
know in it the power of the Spirit...

...Let the weeds that grow in my soul be cut at their roots; 
Grant me to know that I truly live only when I live to thee, 
that all else is trifling.
Thy presence alone can make me holy, devout, strong and happy. 
Abide in me, gracious God."

~parts of a Puritan Prayer ~ from the book: The Valley of Vision


"Christian marriage is designed to portray to the world an image of the bond between believers and Christ......A Biblical wife submits to her husband because she desires to live according to God's will - not because her husband is a perfect leader."

~quotes from the book: On the Other Side of the Garden by Virginia Ruth Fugate


Alongside my daily Bible reading...I am reading a few other books. It drives me crazy that I am reading 4+ books at a time....but yet, I get so anxious to start one I can't help it! A couple I have been reading and would like to recommend to you are the ones I linked to (and quoted) above.

The Valley of Vision is a "collection of Purtian Prayers and Devotions". It helps facilitate prayer and often says how I feel with much better words! I know my Lord doesn't require me to be eloquent in my speech...I pray in my own words as well. But the prayers in this book are truly beautiful and really help me to lay my heart before God!

On the Other Side of the Garden is a beautiful book on Biblical Womanhood. It is convicting and encouraging! Be ready to underline or highlight as you read it because there is a lot of great info in there to soak up!

I've also been reading "Growing Deep in the Christian Life" by Chuck Swindoll. It's a really good book so far too. I think I am halfway through it.

I really wish I could just stay focused on one book. I am so frustrated with myself to have so many being read at once. Oh well! I am thankful for the truth and wisdom I am getting from each one! :)

I would love to know if you have read any of these books or maybe what you are reading currently?
I hope your week is absolutely lovely!

Warmly,
Katy


8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! Right now I have Created to Be His Helpmeet, Tne Daniel Fast, and Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World going. I don't know why I do that to myself! Some one else recommended Valley of Vision too. I'm going to order it AFTER I have finished the others. Enjoy your reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I am not the only one!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I do the same thing. Right now I have 6 books. 6!!! I am currently reading The Power of a Transformed Wife by Lori Alexander, Becoming Resilient, Teaching from Rest and more. I have heard of Valley of Vision. It is on my future list. I hear about it from Sharon White in a book she wrote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! It is so nice to hear others do this too! haha! :)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and it has touched my heart. Thank you for the book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Katy! How do you get your oil in your lamps to be colored? Can you buy it that way or do you add some sort of coloring to it? It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! You can buy it that way! :)

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy