Monday, December 5, 2016

*Living Windows* & Jaxson's Birthday


 My boys (as most of you may know) take lessons on the banjo and the guitar. Their teachers signed them up to participate in something our town does during the first weekend in December called: Victorian Christmas. People dress up from back in Victorian times and there are different activities going on. Another part of Victorian Christmas is a thing called "living windows". That is where people dress up and do something in the store windows around town. Some do art things....some play instruments etc. My boys were assigned a store window in a flower shop where my cousin works! We didn't even plan that! It just happened that way so it was quite fun! They played in the window for an hour this past Friday evening.

You couldn't hear them outside, unfortunately, however you could go inside the store, warm up and listen to them play! (Plus, it is good for the store owners who can get sales by people coming in! Lots of stores have fun sales!)


If you go HERE you can see a picture of them at our home...all dressed up! :) Don't they look so handsome? (A big thanks to Grammie for getting them their outfits!) Also, if you click HERE you can see a picture of Madelyn and me while we were there.


It was a nice time! Did you notice the trees in the above pictures? Don't they look like trees from a Dr. Seuss story? ;)


In other BIG news....my *baby* turned 11 this past weekend! I think I started this blog when he was 2 or 3! For those of you who have followed along with me for a while...can you *believe* he is ELEVEN? It's a beautiful blessing and I am so very grateful to be able to watch him grow. It's just so bittersweet because I do miss the little guy he used to be!


My sister and the girls came to town on his birthday which was such a beautiful thing since 1. My sister doesn't feel all too great lately (You can see the short video I took HERE to know why!) 2. They haven't been able to make it to one of Jaxson's birthdays since the girls were born because of it being in the winter...they just haven't been able to make it!

So Jaxson, still in his pajamas, got to open his gift from them while they were here!



Later he got dressed up to go to his little family party (as in previous years it is held at my inlaws' meat market. It's deer season and the men folk are busy bringing in the deer to process and so the only way to have the men there too is to have the party where *they* are. Jax, thankfully, never has a problem with it)...


He is loving the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland so we made cupcakes and I made the toppers...



Sad to say...but I couldn't find my candles so he didn't have any to blow out this year!







He had a nice time and was thoughtfully gifted from loved ones! :) My mom was fantastic as she made meatball subs and homemade broccoli-cheese soup for supper for everyone! The meal seemed to be enjoyed and the cupcakes were pretty much devoured! A simple but joy-filled party for our 11 year old! :o)

I know it has been a while since I last posted. Things have been busy lately and sometimes it is hard to take the time to sit down, upload pictures and write. I do appreciate you taking time out of your day to stop by though! I hope you have a great week ahead!

Joyfully,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy