Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"Life as we know it...

 ...with all its ups and downs, will soon be over. We all will give accounting to God of how we have lived." 
~William Wilberforce

I have been reading a biography on William Wilberforce by John Piper. I finished it yesterday...it isn't a long read...but I must admit, I am now going to look for more books about Wilberforce! What a man of God! Such a great example he was! I love reading biographies and knowing how people lived...especially those who have lived to the glory of God. Hearing hardships and suffering they have gone through and yet, praising God through it all....it gives me such conviction to live my life for His glory!

I felt the above quote was quite suitable on this election day. I'll be completely honest...I wasn't even going to vote for a president. I am one of those *crazy* women who believe the men should vote...and husbands should be the ones speaking for their whole family. I don't get all worked up over the woman/equality thing. But since I have this duty...I felt I should vote some way.

 So, this year...I struggled immensely. I don't like Trump and I don't like Hilary. I don't like Trump's behavior and I believe Hilary has broken the law, stands for abortion and same-sex marriage which I don't agree with. So, I felt the only right thing to do was to not vote for either of them....I mean, how can you put your support behind evil or evil? It's just wrong. Spurgeon says (I'm paraphrasing): When having to choose between the lesser of two evils...choose neither. I was going to go that way. I was going to stand firm on the fact that *neither* of them deserves my vote. However.....(and this is a BIG however)...one candidate stands on a platform that promotes the murder of babies in the womb as well as redefining what God has given to us as marriage. Those are *huge* issues to me. Although I don't *like* Trump ~ he does stand on a platform that is *against* abortion and defines marriage as between one man and one woman. After discussing it with my husband and going on his lead (which he feels the same as I do) I will be voting for the Republican platform (although not really *supporting* Trump). Whoever is elected will receive my honest prayers. I will pray for their salvation as well as their leading this country in a God-honoring way. And...no matter what happens, I rest completely in the arms of a Sovereign God...Who is the Beginning and the End. I don't fret. I will stand for what is right and for His truth always....and my soul is at peace...no matter the outcome of this election! :o)

A couple encouraging, truth-filled, quotes from Wilberforce...and then onto some photos of our recent happenings! :)

"I am disturbed when I see the majority of so-called Christians having such little understanding of the real nature of the faith they profess. Faith is a subject of such importance that we should not ignore it because of the distractions or the hectic pace of our lives."

"If you love someone who is ruining his or her life because of faulty thinking, and you don't do anything about it because you are afraid of what others might think, it would seem that rather than being loving, you are in fact being heartless."

~ William Wilberforce

Some serious Lego-play was happening here...


Warm candles burning as it is chilly outside...


Making applesauce...



A family friend came to visit over the weekend! It was her first time to ride a horse! She and the children had a good time riding Annie at my parents' house!



I love X's birthmark...it's hard to see in the picture but it is a heart shape!


Brushing Annie down...


Time to ride!


Madelyn...trying on mama's sunglasses...









 X putting on the helmet to go ride on a back road...






 Things have been busy around here...we had a full weekend (and I struggled with a headache Sunday). I taught spin early Monday morning then we had our homeschool co-op all day. We came home and I had housework to tend to and a sticker order to fill. Then, the girl that teaches spin class on Monday nights ran into a snag and asked if I could sub for her. I told her I would (although I was exhausted from a busy day...I always welcome another workout...plus like to be able to help people when they need me). So, needless to say, things have been zany! Today, I need to vote...the children are working on schooling and my sister and the girls are coming to town to celebrate my mom's birthday which is this week! So it's another busy day....*but* I am definitely not complaining! I am thankful for these days the Lord has given to us! Plus, the weather has been most agreeable and it is a joy to be out in it! :)

One last thing before I go! A lady at church who had no more need/want for her oil lamps knew that I loved them and asked if I would want them! I was thrilled! Here they are...

 

They are *much* prettier in person though, I must admit! The only negative is that they are filled with the smelly oil and not odorless! I will have to change them out at some point! Until then though, they are quite a lovely sight in my house! :)


Thank you for visiting here friends! I pray your day is blessed! I hope you are having a lovely week and will visit me again here soon! Happy Election Day! :)

Cheerfully,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers & Pilgrims

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you about voting. I did vote for what I thought was the "best choice" not because I agreed with everything he stood for. But I felt if I didn't I would be voting for the other if I stayed home. One of the things that has brought our nation down is feminism. I truly believe if women would live their God given roles our world would not be in this place we are today. I do trust God also no matter what the outcome. I enjoy reading your blog you have been encouraging to me many times. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I'm against both major candidates. What a mess this world is! Still, I voted, and will also pray for whoever wins. God is still in control, He is not wringing His hands going, "This isn't how this was supposed to go", lol. He's working it all out for His glory. Let it be so, Lord.

    I love your oil lamps! What a gift! After Hurricane Matthew, and losing power for 24 hours (not that bad, I know) I'm working on alternate lighting and storm preps, too.

    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a struggle to vote, that's for sure. but i thought all along that God worked in spite of Nero so I'm at peace w/ whatever the outcome! loved that movie on wilberforce and all your great quotes from him. thanks, katy! next to you at pilgrims this morning in all too sunny California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Canadian and have been where you are. I vote even when I don't like the candidates because men fought and died and gave up their futures for my freedom to vote.

    Had Trump not said he has never asked God for forgiveness because he has never needed to, he might be okay. I would be fearful to have such an arrogant man leading my country.

    God is still on his throne :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Katy, very well written and I also had the same thoughts! I chose life...
    Have missed you and may you have a wonderful evening!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow iam shocked that you dont like trump...So called christians all rushed to vote for this man..
    praying for good for the country and God loving, peaceful people..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted 3rd Party. IMO you cannot separate the nominee from the "party platform". As the GOP nominee, by default, he was to be representative of the party platform, however, his life and his words were/are the antithesis of anything Christian. Boy, did I catch some flack for it too. I was even banned from a Christian message board for daring to speak out against him. The posts I read on FB and other online entities have broken my heart. Christians have really lost their credibility by backing Trump. It's shameful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand your thoughts. I reallllly didn't want to vote for Trump (I wasn't going to vote for a president at all)...but Hillary is for the murdering of babies and pro-homosexual marriage. I was basically voting against that. I am not a fan of trump...however, I think a lot of our presidents have not been first-class guys. A great number of them had affairs etc. I can't stand the nastiness on either side of the whole debate. I am so, so thankful to be off FB and such...because I would just feel defeated and down all the time. I totally understand how you feel about it though too!!

      Delete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy