Wednesday, September 21, 2016

*Trials & Joys*



The sun outside is shining brightly and the skies are beautiful and blue. It is an absolutely lovely day here in Western Pennsylvania! Life isn't perfect here...no matter how idyllic pictures may make it seem...but it is a life loved and lived attempting to glorify God in all things.

My laptop died on Saturday. The Lord was wonderfully gracious to me though as I had just finished a sticker order and sent it out and also had just finished our church's worship guide (I digitally assemble our church's *bulletin* for each Sunday) and sent it to our church's tech guys. I got up to get some breakfast and Chris sat down to check the weather and called out to ask me if I had turned the computer off. I hadn't. It had just completely shut down on its own and we couldn't restart it. I have a computer friend trying to fix it (so grateful for him!).

Thankfully, I had the worship guides and my sticker sets saved to a thumb drive. I lost all my music (thousands of songs) and playlists for the spin class I teach (I had over 60 made). They are still on my iPod but if I plug it into this new computer, I'll lose them all....so I can't change or redo any of the playlists. I am so hoping that our friend is able to save our old computer so I can still use it for that! Eek!

I *do* praise the Lord though that we had money in savings and were able to purchase a decent (but not very expensive) laptop! I am back to making my stickers and after trying to put all my usernames and passwords in my different emails and sites that need them....I think I am *finally* getting back to normal with this new computer! It was a bit stressful! Wowza....it's amazing how much is saved and vital on a computer! To lose that old one really threw me for a loop (and I am not even really into social media or doing a whole lot on the 'net)! I am not an internet junkie at all (I don't even own a smart phone nor do I text or anything!) but I love having it for numerous reasons...a few being things for homeschooling, email, checking the news and weather and also my sticker business! :)


So far today I have been kept busy with tasks of life (as well as praying in the midst of it all for friends and even people I don't know ~ but need prayer! Praying while hanging laundry or washing the dishes is a great use of your time!) :) I taught a spin class early this morning...came home to shower, send Chris off to work with a kiss and began homeschooling with the children. I began laundry and hung it out on the lines. While the children worked independently for a bit on their schoolwork I was able to do a little reading! We did our Bible curriculum together and then had lunch. Now, we're all just relaxing a bit before we head outside to stack wood. Chris splits a bunch each night when he comes home from work and then the next day, the children and I stack it. :) Getting ready for the winter! :)


I brought a tree I had stored in the garage back into the house recently. With the new living room, there is more room for it. The lights that had been on it died so I had to put new ones on. I like them...they cast a warm glow throughout the living area. We haven't really done a "Christmas Tree" for years...I am not into them (as I am unsure that the Lord is truly honored and glorified by us having one at the time His birth is celebrated) but it means a lot to the children so I said we could put some Christmas ornaments on it during that time of year and they can enjoy it. I really think they miss the cozy feeling of the tradition.


If you look in the picture below you can see out the evening window...the wood stove to the left and back behind the wagon (and the reflection of the tree lights on the window pane)...far, far back is Chris splitting wood...


A look out the other window in the evening hours...


One other thing I was working on today....planner clips! Aren't they darling? I just love them! My sister had found a shop on etsy that sells uncut felties. She told me about it and I purchased a small grab bag (you can request one certain feltie to be included in the grab bag....I, of course, asked for the sloth). People make headbands for children and other fun crafty things with them. I made planner clips and they are just *too* cute!


 Honestly, isn't this sloth peeking out from the top of my planner just too sweet!? (Yes, I confess, simple things give me joy....and I'm okay with that!)


A little peek into my planner and how I map out my days and to-do lists...


I teach spin class this evening as well...although on nice days I don't always have a class. In the winter the class fills up with people trying to keep weight off and get their exercise in despite the cold and snow. These nicer days of Autumn people enjoy spending their evenings outside in the nice weather and I don't blame them! :)

I need to hang another load of clothes out on the line and then get to stacking wood! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me here and I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the week!

Warmly,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. I am amazed that your planner says you teach a spin class at 5:45 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....Yep...I'm an early bird! :) I always have been! It's nice to get your workout in early...then it is done for the day! :)

      Delete
  2. I love those clips!! Are you putting them in your shop??? The sloth one is perfect for your planner! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I will put them in the shop or not! Eek! They are just tooo cute! :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your computer and all your music. Technology is great when it works, but it can sure be a source of stress when it goes down!! I hope your friend can save all that for you. I really like your little book clips; how did you attach them on the back? I've been thinking of a fun project to make for the little girls at church. I love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I attached them using a hot glue gun! :)

      Delete
  4. Hang in there, Katy. What a blessing that you had enough money saved up to get another lap top....no fun that your old one died!! It is quite disheartening to think of all that was lost....I do hope it all is recovered. What a blessing to read that through it all you are resting in the Lord and His sovereign care over you. Hugs! Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clips Katy, do you think you might be adding them to your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I am considering adding them! :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry about your laptop, but glad to hear you had savings to replace it. The clips are so cute. I love your Christmas tree, I use to have a tree up (not a Christmas one) that I would decorate with the kids when they were little. Ive considered replacing with a tree like this as I miss it. and I am always inspired by billie jos tree - afternoon coffee evening tea blog. yours looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy