Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Need for Prayer

My eyes are extremely tired right now (and it isn't even 8pm yet!). It has been a busy week...of course all the normal work of a wife and mama (which I am *thankful* to do because it is the role God gave me!) but this past week I have also taught spin class a lot (which I enjoy...but it is still exhausting) due to one of the spin teachers needing a sub because she had her tonsils out, and we have been in prayer a lot for family friends of ours.

Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. We know not what prayer can do. 
- Charles Spurgeon

If you are local, I'm sure you have heard of Seth (Xavier's friend from our homeschool co-op) and the terrible accident that happened with him. You can read about it HERE (it's been all over the news). We love their beautiful family (with six children) and were in complete shock when we heard about what happened. We were praying fervently and the Lord (He is SO good) spared Seth's life. If you read in the article I linked above, you'll know that they saved Seth's arm and have reattached it. The doctors have restored blood flow and now, we are praying for no infection. He's been having surgeries and truly staying strong through it all. In the name of Christ, friends and family have banded together to help take care of the family in the wake of all this (money, food, splitting and stacking wood for them etc.). It is truly beautiful to see the church be the hands and feet of Christ! 

Life can change in an instant, can't it? I know the feeling as it happened to us when Jaxson almost lost his eye. Long-time readers here probably remember that time with me ~ HERE is the post where I explained what happened. It was such a scary time but the Lord saw us through it and provided for us in SO many ways. We are forever grateful...as I know our family friends I mentioned above are as well. (I feel as though I may burst in to tears just thinking about it all...it is all so overwhelming...sad and GOOD ~ all at the same time!). 

You will observe that the desire to commune with God is intensified by the failure of all other sources of consolation.
 - Charles Spurgeon

If the Lord brings Seth (and his family as this is a strenuous and difficult time for them *all*) to mind I hope you will pray for him/them. God hears the prayers of His children. And may I, quickly, also ask for your prayers for a friend of mine, Marion. She lost her young son (only in his 20's) recently. I have been praying for her so much but just can't get over the grief and sadness she must feel. I want to fix it...make it better. But I can't. Nothing I can do will help her at this time except prayer. I will pray and intercede for her because our God is the ultimate Comforter. Only He can supply the salve her heart desires. Will you join me in remembering her as well? I truly appreciate it. 


Because so much has been going on (battling a cold at the beginning of the week, schooling, housework, cooking, teaching spin classes, sticker making etc.) I haven't taken an abundance of photos from this week. But here are a few to share...

Below are new winter hats I made for my nieces (Eloise's is the top one and Dinah's the bottom). I made Audra a new hat previously too! You can see that HERE



My silly cats make me smile. Pets are good for the heart. Chris found them both laying in the bathroom on the folded towels and told me to grab the camera...


Had a visit with my nieces today. My sister's Father-in-Love isn't doing well so her husband has been busy running to be with his dad and work and home....so I went over to their house so my sister could go do the grocery shopping while I watched the girls...


Audra was sleeping when I got there...so El, Dinah and I played Legos for a bit. When I got out the camera Dinah gave me a sweet smile without even being asked! :) A little later, Audra-girl woke up and joined the fun...


It is *so* sweet to watch these girls play together. They use their imaginations and play, play, play! It is really fantastic! I am so glad they have each other! What memories they are making!


Oh how I love this wee one. She loves to smile (with her cheesy-toothy grin...it's just perfect!) and loves her Aunt TiTi (which brings me such joy!)...


And finally, Eloise was being quite the acrobat...so I caught her doing one of her "moves"...


I am still selling stickers and things are going well. It's not quite as busy as some shops are...but I am thankful for the business I get. My printer is being a bit of a stinker and leaving specks of color sometimes. I have cleaned the toner drums and tried to make everything right...but I'm still having issues. They are tiny defects but I reduce the price a bit since they aren't *perfect*. Thankfully, it doesn't do it all the time. I hope if you enjoy stickers, scrapbooking or planning (or maybe you have friends and family that do?) that you will take a look through my SHOP. I try to keep prices low and shipping prices low as well. I ship super fast too! It's something that I try to do from home just to help bring in a little income. :) I appreciate your support!

With Christmas coming up...for the planner/list maker in your life...an Erin Condren Life Planner (If you use my LINK you will get $10 off!) would make a GREAT gift....along with some stickers from my shop! ;)  Okay, okay....I'm done now! :)

Thanks so much for visiting. I truly appreciate your prayers for the friends I mentioned in the beginning of this post...and I know some of you remember me in your prayers and that blesses me. *Thank-you* friends! I pray your week has gone well...and that the Lord was glorified in all you did (as that is the prayer of my heart for my week as well...and *every* day). May your Lord's day be full of worship and rest!

Lovingly,
Katy

P.S. ~ My sister is having a giveaway for a pair of her custom-made baby shoes! They are so cute!! You should definitely go and enter HERE. She also reviews a milk bag in that post! :)

5 comments:

  1. Pausing to pray for Seth and his family. I have heard wonderful things about the Erin Condren Life Planners but haven't been able to invest in one. Lovely hats, too.
    ..... a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Thank you so much for visiting *and following*. Your prayers mean so much....thank you! I hope you will stop by again soon!

      Warmly,
      Katy :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I watched the news clip. That is so amazing they were able to attach his arm back! God is amazing. He always blows me out of the water. I also visited your sister's site with those adorable baby shoes! So cute! A talented family. I came on your site today because it always makes me have a good feeling. Like the nourishment I get from my church. It's nice to see positive people and their wonderful lives. I was looking for a baby head band pattern too. I don't knit though, just crochet. Any-who, have a wonderful day and many prayers for that amazing little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for little Seth and also Marion. There is no greater sorrow then the loss of a child no matter what age. We too have had to endure that pain with the loss of our son. Tell Marion that before to long she will see her son again. That's the blessed hope bible prophecy gives us. We are on the cusp of seeing our Lord face to face. All the signs are in place. Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Grahams daughter) is using her ministry to get the word out .. time is short. Even so .... come Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katy,

    Yes, yes, we will certainly keep Seth, his family and your friend Marion in prayer. Thanks for sharing about how your community is stepping in to help these families.
    Your knitted winter hats are terrific and your nieces adorable.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy